SAMI cage Phase I

Status
Not open for further replies.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Elder SAMI said:
this is the grand finale trip.... and i'd like to be prepared, rather than not prepared.... ya know? plus it looks cool...... other zuk guys might just appretiate it..... :D

there are some cool ideas for Phase II..... i bet you'd like what's being talked about.

more pics, less chat.........get after it :D

MattL

Brett said:
Killy, aka "the wire wheel"

wilre wheel that throws broken wire off into the air and into unsuspecting people's skin?

i have one of them if that is the case.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
miatre said:
wilre wheel that throws broken wire off into the air and into unsuspecting people's skin?

i have one of them if that is the case.
Ah, but this one is much more sinister than just that. The on/off switch is broken, so it starts spinning, and tearing flesh apart, the instant you plug it in. It can really suck if it catches you off guard.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
Ah, but this one is much more sinister than just that. The on/off switch is broken, so it starts spinning, and tearing flesh apart, the instant you plug it in. It can really suck if it catches you off guard.

:rofl: we had a bench grinder that was like that...it would REALLY stick the wires too, I would only use it if I put on my welding leathers...and even then it would still stick ya through the leathers:eek:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
RockMonkey said:

eh its part of fabbing. buck up :rofl:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Shawn said:
How could you not....

Scarry.......... :ugh:

I'm happy to help 'ol Sami out with his cage project (after hours project), and of course some stuff needs to be addressed before it's "done".

Your cruiser isn't exactly a fabricator's dream is it? ;) :D

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
BBowski82 said:
The pic from the sides makes it look like your 2 forward spreaders are pretty low coming off of your back hoop? Any reason for this?

Yeah, it's so the top will fit back on. If you look closely, there's a bend right before the back hoop. In fact, there's actually 3 bends on 3 different planes here, which tells me that whoever built this was either extremely lucky or extremely skilled to make all those bends line up. :redneck:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Vonski X said:
I'm happy to help 'ol Sami out with his cage project (after hours project), and of course some stuff needs to be addressed before it's "done".

Your cruiser isn't exactly a fabricator's dream is it? ;) :D

I Looks like I hit a sore spot,,,,, must be your welding, but then again what would anyone really expect from you :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
It amazes me that when someone posts a pic of there work, that everyone is suppose to say how great it is.... :rolleyes:
If you post a pic of some work you have done, you should expect to get a reaction both positive and negative. If you can't handle the negative,,,, don't post.

I have had my share of negative comments, in fact I have changed my design more than once because of it.

If I see some thing that may cause harm down the road why would I not bring it up?

Caleb

Shawn said:
It amazes me that when someone posts a pic of there work, that everyone is suppose to say how great it is.... :rolleyes:
If you post a pic of some work you have done, you should expect to get a reaction both positive and negative. If you can't handle the negative,,,, don't post.

I have had my share of negative comments, in fact I have changed my design more than once because of it.

If I see some thing that may cause harm down the road why would I not bring it up?

well, I dont think its negative comments that people dont want, but its always nice when its constructive ctriticism...saying that looks like crap is just bashing them and I can see if someone doesn't like that;) if anyone cant take some constructive criticism then they should be around here cause there's plenty of people willing to hand it out...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
supergper said:
...saying that looks like crap is just bashing them and I can see if someone doesn't like that;)

hummm,,, I'm not see where I said anything looks like crap. More in the lines of noticing that the weld could use some help.

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
C'mon, peeple. First of all, I think you are not reading the emoticons properly, Shawn. Stuff like ;) :D obviously means people are kidding or being sarcastic, so take their comments for what they're worth. I'll agree that weld doesn't look great in the pic, but it's a good strong weld - I've seen it. Maybe some smoke residue or something on the weld makes it look bad. Thanks for pointing it out, though. I wouldn't call it "scary", either, because this project adds a good amount of safety to the rig, even if the welds did suck. Now, if it was a spring hanger, or steering arm...I'd call that scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.