Sami's 2002 Toyota Sequoia

We've had 4Runners, an Xterra, a Montero, an FJ62, FJ55's... Got tired of the Altima as it doesn't work for us with a kid and two dogs, so we sold it and had $4,000 to toss toward an SUV - cash only. No more car payments for us. I was honing in on several 3rd gen 4Runners when I came across this Sequoia just out of our budget. Talked the guy down into our budget and won.

Picked up this garaged and pampered one-owner Sequoia Christmas Eve.. Merry Christmas to me. She's an SR5, leather, Kenwood head unit, 9 out of 10 interior (very well kept), 9 out of 10 exterior, 276,000 miles and a known traction control issue. The truck was already pretty well priced for the miles and TRAC issue, but I brought it down another $400 so it was within our budget's reach. I'm in no rush to fix the traction control system as it's very intrusive and annoying when it is operating; I honestly cannot stand it and I have found plans to wire a switch to disable the system from a switch inside the cabin.

It's no Land Cruiser, but it sure is a land yacht.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Plan for this truck is to drive it and enjoy it. If anything mild camping, but I have no plans to really build this up within the next year or two. We'll see how long that lasts.

I would like to add smaller items such as LED light bar in the front bumper, LED bulbs all around interior/exterior, Dog barrier like what I had in my Xterra, HAM radio, DVD player for the kiddo, all terrain tires once these ones wear out and different wheels, switch to disable traction control system, USB power ports in the center console to serve front and rear occupants... Small stuff.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Nice find! I'm sure you will love the 4.7.

I maintain our neighbors '02 and they have had zero issues aside from the rear hatch handle snapping off the linkage.

It needs some of the 17" twin 5 spoke rims.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Nice find! I'm sure you will love the 4.7.

I maintain our neighbors '02 and they have had zero issues aside from the rear hatch handle snapping off the linkage.

I swear that rear hatch handle is the largest problem area on the Sequoia.

Looks like a great Sequoia, I'm surprised how clean it looks for the mileage.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Seats 8. Third bench is removed for max dog/cargo area. The kid's carseat takes up the whole backseat I swear.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
No car payment = Win! :greg:

Woot!

The last time I was looking at Sequoias, I seem to remember them going for a little more than $4000. Nice score.

There's a few on KSL between $4-5k, but I went for this one because of the dealer maint records, one owner, clearly pampered... And the price was right for my budget.

There's one that popped up yesterday at Brent Brown Toyota that looks immaculate, Limited package, 200k miles, for $5k. Compared to others on KSL that is a killer price as the current local trend is $6k-$10k.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
First mod under my regime... Long story short, I ended up with a brand new set of Cooper Discoverer ATP with full replacement warranty for $300 out the door last week. I recommend stopping into the Discount Tire on Vanwinkle.
IMAG1845.jpg

I also just picked up a new in box 36" LED light bar to tuck into the 37" hole on the front bumper. This is an SM-937 (dual stack LED's) bar from Iron Moose 4x4, though I bought this particular bar from a buddy who couldn't use it as he had planned. This LED bar has 78 LED putting out a claimed 16,200 lumens. I hope to get this installed in the next few weeks.
IMAG1862.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

Yes, yes it does. I love those wheels, but not sure what to do now that I just got into a brand new set of tires. I may keep my eye out for the 5 spoke wheels off the 3rd gen 4runners and T100's, as they're 16" and I wouldn't have to find new tires for awhile.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
LED light bar build sequence. Huge thanks to Bryce at Cruiser Outfitters, Carl Whitmore, and Ryan Davis for the help at different stages.

Headlights:

High Beams:

LED bar: