samurai harness mods

airmanwilliams

does anyone know who does the harness mods for the samurai conversion to 16v? I think trail tough does it for $299 but I was wondering if anyone else does it besides them and clean too since ive seen some of the diy threads and some of those harnesses are massive.

v-stone

Trail Tough is the only one I know of. They have done alot R&D and understandably do not want to share their work for nothing.
Start saving your pennies if you are going with a 16valve engine and get TT harness, its worth it in my opinion.

airmanwilliams

thanks for the input v-stone. I want to find spare harnesses and get them done first and gather all the little items for a swap because I cant afford for my rig to be down right now, hopefully I can sell off some of my spare parts so I can start doing this.

Mope

zuk1972 on zuwharrie did mine. That's his screen name on zuwharrie. He put it in wire loom, and told me which wires to hook up where. It looked like factory. It fired right up the 1st time. I don't know what he charges now, but he gave me a smokin' deal on it. I have his name and phone number if you want it.

Also, he didn't need my Samurai harness. I sent him the tracker one is all. Like I mentioned, I only had to hook up a few wires to the sami one. A little solder and heat shrink, and it's been working great for 3 years now.

airmanwilliams

so mope all you did was leave your stock harness in your sami and just added what he sent back for you and with his instructions? Whats the guys name and number? I messaged him on zuwharrie so hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Mope

Yep. I think I had 4 or 5 wires to hook into the sami harness. I was driving it while he modded it. When I got it I pulled a looong weekend, and swapped in the motor, and the wire harness, and drove it to work on Monday.

I'll pm you his name and number.

O'neal

?????????
Airmanwilliams,I'm going to be pulling the stock harness out of my 86 samurai in 2-3 week's for a 22RE swap.The only thing's that have been cut is the plug's that went to the stock carb and some emmission crap.

If your interested in the harness let me know...It could be shipped or you can run up and get it.