Samurai/Weber Carb Help

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
I got an 86 Sammy with the Weber Carb on it. Havin some trouble lately, and i got everything else either elimiated, or replaced. Anyone got a diagram or a working model of the weber on there sammy, and can show/describe the vacuum line diagram for that? I think i am missing a line that goes to the Distributer, but then again, i think Its just suppsoed to be plugged. Also, anyone know where to get a rebuild kit? A local shop "cleaned" it out, and re-used all the old gaskets etc etc, and i think they also might have FUBAR'd some springs or a Float or seomthing. Thanks!

-Karl

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
yes you are supposed to have a line going to your dist. that is for the vacuum advance. it is very important. tell us more about the problems you are having? common winter time problems for me are icing due to lots of humidity and no hot air exchange setup. it makes it run like crap and it can get very annoying. i noticed that you dont have the heat exchange. it feels like it is running rich and bogging down on my stock carb. it will even die sometimes and take several min to start back up. it gets really old!! but that is the price we pay for free flowing intakes.

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Ok.. Where does the line for the Advance goto? I thought it looked different on the other Sammy... As to my problems, I'll be runnin down the highway, goin good, then i loose power, wont go over like 4000-4500 RPM's w/no load, pump the gas a lil, and it flyes back to red. When driving, it acts like its runnin out of gas.. Never did any of this before, but then again, it has been colder lately, w/high humidity. Sound familiar, got a fix?

Also, are you still runnin 31's? If sooo.. Interested in trading some bumpers for 5 tires on rims? Still got more then 80% tread too... Wont be needing them once i FINALLY get the SPOA on.

-Karl

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
my guess is carb icing. that is exactly what mine does when it gets cold!! i just restricted the airflow into the engine bay via a ghetto cardboard shielf around the k&n, that helped it get some warmer air and my carb icing problem went away. i know it is a little harder to do with a short stack filter like yours but you might just try running a heat exchange hose from your header to your carb. get some toasty air up there. as for the advance line, run it from the disty to the adaptor plate just under the carb. any vacuum port will do. it adjusts by the vacuum created by the intake so any vacuum port on the manifold with the same size opening should do the trick. make sure to plug most everything else.

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Well, I WAS hoping to avoid the Ghetto... But since i allready carry 3 toolboxes int eh back, I guess it was un-avoidable.. lol Thanks for the idea, I'll go play on my lunch and see what i can do to add some warm air.. Thanks

-Karl