South-West Utah Sand Hollow 19th-23rd

sswens1

Were doing Thanksgiving in St George this year and taking the Jeep. Going to be down there for a week(Sun-Sat). I don't know my way around sand hollow but I'm going to try anyway. Would anybody else be in the area or interested in joining up and doing some wheelin any of these days except thanksgiving? I can't wait to check it out.

sswens1

Just us today we ran the nasty half today we believe, Awesome! Got some good directions from kungfufighter06 thank you. followed the dunes all the way to the bluff and came back down along the west rim. I cant believe how cool this area is

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

I got a passenger front tire 3-4' in the air according to my wife on the last one when my rear driver fell in that gaping hole.. Glad it came back down:)

Last edited:

sswens1

Made it there today again, met some great folks that are friends of Kungfufighter with some BEEF rigs. We ran milts mile before they got there then ran TNT. I needed a winch and had to take one "bypass"(after trying the main chute) that was a bit off camber with bad consequences. Fun day, got a little body damage, but that is inevitable and acceptable. Really felt small next to all those burly v-8's and 54's.

Winched :(
file-1.jpg

Success
file-3.jpg

Bypass
file-2.jpg

Out of TNT
file-5.jpg

BEEF
file.jpg

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Nice report, I've never been in nasty half looks nice....

I'm sure you're completely addicted like us others to such a bad ass area!!!

sswens1

Jinxspot--I am hoping that i make WOTR with you guys this year, totally addicted.
madcrawler girl-- And yes, Nasty was awesome, just enough to bite off without another vehicle made it a good adventure. I want to see the rover in there...
utjb57-- good to meet you thanks for showing us around I got some good pics of your jeep the link is in the trip report for photobucket password rme4x4

I transferred much of this to a trip report thread if anybody has anything to add
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?94244-Sand-Hollow-19th-23rd&p=876502#post876502