SAS 4runner questions

toyotajunk2

I just got a 1989 4runner to build up. We are going with the Allpro SAS kit up front. What is the best way to lift the rear end? All pro's kit is $560 for the rear I was hoping to get that price down a bit for the rear end. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know about the 63" chevy's but I would like to try and keep the spring mounts where they are. Just looking for a good flexy lift. Any suggestions? What is the opinion on the Allpro SAS kit? Is there a better one out there?

Bart

Don't know, but Ian and Jesse used the Marlin Crawler SAS kit on the Yota they did last weekend on the Extreme 4x4. Sorry, doesn't help, but the price sounds about right for spring packs.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I've never been a big fan of the Chevy 63's personally, and telling you which company I thought made the best springs would open a huge can of worms, but..... If price is an issue I'd go with Trail Gear for the rears I've been very impressed with all their suspension products. Just some food for thought ;)

Andrew

toyotajunk2

I have looked into the Trail Gear stuff. I lke that their kit comes with SOme axle rebuild parts. Where as Marlin Crawler and Allpro do not. Marlin Crawler are nice just not worth the extra money over Allpro. Thanks for the comments. Keep them coming.

notajeep

Just me
How much lift does that sas kit provide? I am gussing around 5 to 6 inches. anyway... there are many ways to get that much lift out of the rear end.
Easy..... 4 inch blocks and longer shackles
med..... different springs, ie. I run chevy s-10 springs on mine and they provide about 4 inches of lift.
Hard ($$$) buy a new spring pack.
or choose a combination of those things.
And..... Almost forgot..... Take the bed off and you will get about 2 inches of lift.

DToy

I've been running the Alcan springs with Orbit Eyes for almost 5 years now. They are still working great. If it was me, I would call Alcan Spring in Grand Junction (Fruita) Colorado and at least price up springs from them. I thought about piecing something together for mine, but even after many, many wheelin' trips my springs are great...definitely worth the money, and IMO better than Allpro, TrailGear, etc.

billylight

cant beat allpro springs for the price. they are the closest to a costume spring you will get for the money. trail gears are made in china. marlins are trailgears or allpros depending on the grade you buy from them.

toyotajunk2

Just got the kit on Tuesday and the axle this week. I am painting the 4 runner this weekend and through the week and will start the swap next weekend. I will post some pics as we get going.