SAS'd The 4runner

mierdota

Got my parts in for my duals! Thanks again Jake(NOTATOY)!

I got a set of 4.7 gears and a twin stick for the rear case, extened spline drive shaft kit, dual case adapter, and dual case cross member.
0512001113.jpg

I'm gonna start pulling it apart today or tomorrow.

Now I need to find another T-case. If anyone has one they wanna get rid of let me know.

if u dont mind me asking how much did all that set u back?

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Got most of it together, still have to get the flanges on and I gotta run to the hardware store to get some bolts for the twin stick and the 2nd mount.

Here it is.
DSC03688.jpg

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Ok so I got it all done and in place. Now I need a little help with the drive shafts. I'm not sure exactly how to measure them? or how much compression slip I should be looking for?

864runner

I know I'm your hero
It's been awhile since I've done anything to my truck. I've wheeled it a couple time and it's done great and I haven't broken anything, so no need to change anything right?

Well I have kinda been messing up my body trying to get up Waynes World so I bought some cheap sliders and I will be building some bumpers in the near future as well.
Here's how the sliders look when I picked them up. Thanks Steve!
IMAG0022.jpg

And here's the passenger side all cleaned up and mocked up.
fa8c3ffb.jpg

54b81d36.jpg

7beba3a9.jpg

I ended up spending like 2 hours trying to get the rust off, and then I cut the round tube section mostly off and bent it up and I think it looks a lot better this way then just sticking straight out.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Alright alright. So far I have broke the passenger front side marker lense and my passenger rear side window in my top, when I rolled it coming down radiator rapids. And I also broke my driver side rear brake light lense on waynes world last time we went out.

But its not like I broke a driveshaft or anything. HAHA!

Well its time to head back out and try and get these things finished today.

ricsrx

now those are some narly sliders.yes good work for sure.
Let me know if you still needed some tube bent.
I still have to bend some 1 1/2 ''U''s for steves front shock hoops.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Yep, doors still open :)

I didn't finish it today. I got sick of working on it. I got one side done and primered, and the other side all welded up. Just need to grind it and paint it. I also cut out 2 frame plates, so I have to make the rest of those and then weld them on!

Hopefully it will be done next weekend.

ricsrx

Eric it was good to se ya at the Rally, I cant wait to see those sliders get used on Wayns world!!

littlyota

Very nice work. I would like to hit up Waynes World one day, or atleast see it. I keep hearing people talk about it.

I am partial to my fellow 4runner people!!!!!!:) Keep the pictures and info coming.

I have duals and 4.7 as well. You will be after hydro-assist soon.

The sheet metal was straight when I started. That was several years ago though.

100_0672.jpg