Sat radio in a TJ?

Meat_

Banned
Buffers work with cd's and with the internet because you can go back and get the missed data while listening to the buffer... do you really think that their satalite is capable of backing up for 3.3 million users whenever they stopped at McDonalds?

Caleb

waynehartwig said:
Last I heard over 3 million people signed up for Sirius just because of Howard. That number is old, and before he actually went on the air. So I'm sure it's more than that now.... Sirius loves Howard! :D
the last numbers I heard (fairly recently) was Howard had 4 million of his 12million listeners follow him. I'll see if I can dig up the story again.

Caleb

Supergper said:
the last numbers I heard (fairly recently) was Howard had 4 million of his 12million listeners follow him. I'll see if I can dig up the story again.

OK, I was wrong on the number, he took between 1 and 2 million with him, they have jsut over 4 million subscribers and he did (in January) have 12 million listeners.

story from LA Times

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Meat_ said:
Buffers work with cd's and with the internet because you can go back and get the missed data while listening to the buffer... do you really think that their satalite is capable of backing up for 3.3 million users whenever they stopped at McDonalds?
My guess is the satellite can transmit faster than you can listen. Who knows...

But why wouldn't they be able to? Dish Network has a crap load more recievers out there and they can control each of them individually.... I know with my Sirius, my tuner has an ID number.

chadschoon

RockMonkey said:
A young, single guy like yourself really oughta be sport'n a WOW sticker on his bumper... Good to know there are other fans around. Hickey's an avid listener too. :)
I wish I could sport a WOW sticker but the thing is im not single.... so the wife would be a little bent, unless she didint know what it meant :D :rofl: :rofl: :eek:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
waynehartwig said:
But I do know that XM censors their content more than Sirius does. So maybe Sirius censors it more than Howard would like, I don't know.
You seem confused. What do you know again? and how do you know one service censors more than the other? Are you on some type of committee or board? Are you a major stock holder? Still confused? :rofl:

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
I have the s50 and think it is alright although I still havent been able to get a home kit for it. I havent had many problems with the fm modulator but i have experienced the cutting out in the drive throughs and under thick trees.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Hickey said:
You seem confused. What do you know again? and how do you know one service censors more than the other? Are you on some type of committee or board? Are you a major stock holder? Still confused? :rofl:
I don't know... I'm confused, too....:-\

A friend of mine has XM and he has told me in the past that they censor certain song lyrics. Sirius doesn't do that, they play the song as it was recorded. XM is more family orientated than Sirius and I remember hearing a lot of complaints about Sirius not censoring their lyrics and their teenage kids being able to hear the subjective content. You know, parents wanting other people to raise their brats for them....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
there are a couple of stations on XM that are censored. I think there are 2 stations that are actually LA and NYC stations that they rebroadcast.

I have s50 home kits in stock. 99.99

Cody