School me on Windows 8.1

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Kevin my offer still stands, my RT is just collecting dust since I replaced it with the laptop. Your more than welcome to borrow it for a few days before you decide to purchase

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I thought you sold that thing. I'll be in touch.

I've been using Backcountry Navigator Pro for Android. I've messed around with Gaia and MyTrails, they all work ok. My only real complaints are the small screen and having to precache maps. Suitability as a vehicle GPS isn't the main reason I'm looking into a tablet or whatever, but it's a big one.

ozzy702

Ozzy have you tried the demo version of WIN10? I installed it on a spare computer at work but haven't played with it much. It seems to be more consistent on the menus and whatnot which I like over 8.1. The demo version is free to download and try. I read somewhere that win10 is going to be a free upgrade for anyone with win7 and win8.x.

Yes, I've played with it at work a bit. I have 8.1 and 10 on VMs and I like 10 a lot better so far. It sounds like it will be an upgrade to many people that have 7 and 8 but there will be restrictions. I'm hoping the best of 8.1 and 7 are blended together once 10 goes gold.