*Scratching head*

81Ramchargerman

Not 4x4, but weird none the less. Can anyone here tell me why if my girlfriend drives her 93 Eclipse (1.8l) and shifts early (at about 3 grand) after a while it will begin to have a hiccup, then it gets progressivey worse until here mileage was less than 20 and the car was literally undrivable (rpm would be very high [like 2500]). However, if you run it up to about 3500 before shifting then it won't act up at all??? Anyone have any clue what's wrong? i just told her she needs to feed a little speed to her right to keep it happy... :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
81Ramchargerman said:
I don't even know if it has one...or where it would b to check it.

It either has to have a mass air or speed sensor.
Search for a forum specific to that vehicle, bet you can find some common problems to look for....

81Ramchargerman

rckcrlr said:
It either has to have a mass air or speed sensor.
Search for a forum specific to that vehicle, bet you can find some common problems to look for....
It has the mass air...I will give that a shot, thnx 4 the suggestion...still is too weird though huh?

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
MAF Sensor, or she just needs a new fuel filter. I had one and it did that, and I guess it was because the fuel filter wasn't letting the fuel flow fast enough causing it to hesitate.

Just my $.02

81Ramchargerman

RedRockXJ said:
MAF Sensor, or she just needs a new fuel filter. I had one and it did that, and I guess it was because the fuel filter wasn't letting the fuel flow fast enough causing it to hesitate.

Just my $.02

But also causing it to idle high? Must be maf, we got another one, but it was used...

kowe69

wannabe
It sounds like an engine speed related problem. You may have intermittent loss of spark, fuel or both. It might be a crankshaft or camshaft position sensor.