Seriously, dana 44 are stupid.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
SIXSTATES said:
model 60 king pin style knuckles are interchangable-ford and gm

see, thats helpful :D

good to meet you cody hope you were treated well

Yeah, good to meet you as well. Those guys went out of their way to help me and it was much appreciated. Thanks for the heads up.

Cody

Caleb

SIXSTATES said:
model 60 king pin style knuckles are interchangable-ford and gm

I dont think totally thats correct...why does Crane offer knuckles for GMs but not Fords, and why does Dendenbear offer knuckles for Fords and seperate ones for GMs? If you swap everything from the inner knuckle out then maybe they are interchangeable...

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Supergper said:
I dont think totally thats correct...why does Crane offer knuckles for GMs but not Fords, and why does Dendenbear offer knuckles for Fords and seperate ones for GMs? If you swap everything from the inner knuckle out then maybe they are interchangeable...

Spindle bolt patterns are different, notches for calipers are different, but yes, knuckle out are interchangable.

OR, you can do what I did....Ford 60, chev knuckles, redrilled for Ford spindle, Ford 1/2 caliper brackets bored/flipped/switch sides, Ford 1/2 ton calipers, Ford 60 hub/rotor machined to 5on5.5.......................

That is what happens when you have a bunch parts, want the short Ford hub/spindle, and no one locally has made Ford stuff 5 lug yet. (this was a few years ago). The whole problem was niether the Ford or Chev 1/2 ton calipers would clear the Ford knuckle.

J Kimmel

I will be happy to pick this up for someone, but you have to act TODAY!
Its about 5 minutes from my house, about $150 less than I paid for my front 60!!

Jeremy

From the 4x4 sale section on www.colorado4x4.org

I need $600 for this axle before 5pm tomorrow.. It is a late 70's dodge kingpin 60 that is complete minus a Tierod and caliper pins. 4:10 gears

303-875-4688 NO EMAIL OR PM's Please.

--------------------

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
thats a good deal, but it's the wrong side 60 for me. Thanks for the heads up!