Side-by-Sides on the Rocks

littlyota

Depends on your definition of doors. I have non-opening doors that are really low cut. They are difficult to step over, but you can still get in. The door requirment would keep me out as they are part of the aftermarket cage.

RZR.jpg

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
One thought on the body damage and this is a ways down the road.

Remeber back in the day when the legends/modified could run the unlimited obstacles for bonus points?

i think that could be a kick to watch. Whether or not the people run the lines is upto them but it could give them a chance at a better score.

Just thinking while typing. :)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Depends on your definition of doors. I have non-opening doors that are really low cut. They are difficult to step over, but you can still get in. The door requirment would keep me out as they are part of the aftermarket cage.

View attachment 85921

what about some sort of window net? I would hate to see someone roll and have a arm come out.

Cool sxs. Man those things are getting mean. :D

littlyota

what about some sort of window net? I would hate to see someone roll and have a arm come out.

Cool sxs. Man those things are getting mean. :D

I did not think about that part. I am sure I could rig up some type of window net with buckle connectors wrapping around the roll cage.

and thanks. This thing is a beast. I have been caught sitting in it in the garage.

CJ Isaac

I am new to this, can somone tell me how to post something beside a reply, so i can start my own thread. sorry dont mean to get off topic

Chris @ ARR

Wrist restraints are relatively cheap for those without nets or tall doors. PRP does make window nets to pattern, so anyone can get window nets relatively inexpensively.

NYCEGUY01

I understand the need for the nets but how about just using the wrist restraints and having a box of them for use at the event with a deposit or just rent them out for $10...

Most SXS guys will not want to add anything to come out and crawl, at least the 1st time or 2.

Maybe a separate class for 1st timers, real basic rules and stock machines, if they want to come back and run the tougher lines or coarse they need more safety gear...
Just a thought...

Its got to be as simple as trailer it down and compete. No changes necessary to the machine they already have.
If they get hooked then its on...lol
If a guy likes it he will then go buy a cage doors, nets, whatever , and he will be happy to do it.

I would love to see this get huge. I just think if you don't make it super easy and cheap to get started most wont give it a second thought...

Its like selling Crack....
The 1st ones free or close to it.... After they are hooked its a different story.....

maveric

Crawler Collecter
1800 lb. weight limit. Standard safety equipment would apply such as helmets and belts. Standard doors should be OK. How does everybody feel about no doors for the rock crawl portion of the event? I think that doors should be required for the Rock Cross event on Saturday.

We ran with factory door nets for the Rock Cross last year, would that be allowed instead of doors? Also, is weight really an issue? Is the 1800 max weight, or min?

D

Deleted member 12904

Also, is weight really an issue? Is the 1800 max weight, or min?

Im on the same page why is weight as issue? Is anyone really going to weight them? if you want to keep mini crawlers out of the class its simple just make it IFS front and rear. That with the tire limit even if you did draw custom rigs they wouldn't have an advantage one way or another.

Craig S

Commando
Hi Chris,

Door nets should be good. You seem to do well with them. Weight was brought up by the racing crowd. The more things you put on a SXS, the more it weighs. 1800 lbs. would be the upper limit. My Jagged X weighs 1600 plus pounds. I am going to put it on my scales and see how much it actually weighs.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
just so people know my arm restraints i ran for the lucas series were 15 bucks, summit racing has them! so im sure people can afford that if they can spend 30K on there UTV. I think the class is a great idea the market has simply just exploded. The only concern i would have is the cages. The stock cages are super weak and i could see them deforming even with a semi hard flop in crawling on the rocks! id imagine most people that are 15 to 30K into there UTV have all ready replaced teh cage but it might be a good idea to require aftermarket cages or at least added bars to the factory cage to make sure people will be safe

littlyota

While agree they are weak, they can take a decent hit. Remember in rock crawling most guys just flop.

The course planning would need take this into consideration, ie. no way off camber really high resulting in a multiple end over end type situation.

I think the first few should just be very basic and enjoyable. Maybe with a couple runs through the woops at MMS added in. Then run them by time.

littlyota

I was just thinking. Maybe a few of us should test run the MMS park and get some ideas on lines.

How does the park work, do you just rent it?