Sign this, keep Hanging Tree trail open!!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Please Keep this trail open, I have ran it twice this year. My reports are the ones that are refered to in the second post. It would be a shame to lose this great trail. It is the best one this side of St. George and Moab in my opinion. It is worth the drive for this trail.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I believe I speak for many when I say "WE LOVE THIS TRAIL" and have done our best to keep it picked up and clean and educated new wheelers to the trail and as to respect the trail and the surrounding properties and property owners. Please keep this trail open, we will do what is needed to contain wanderers and keep things clean.

Attachments

• 100_2075.jpg
    100_2075.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_2054.jpg
    100_2054.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1989.jpg
    100_1989.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Would love to have the opportunity to run the trail, as I've always understood it the trail required permission to run?

I too would like to know who 'they' is, just how many owners are there on the section of trail?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Definitely keep it open. I'm curious who "they" are that are trying to close it?

"They" are property owners to the east and north of the "hanging tree" and they are tired of people wandering onto there property when Jeepers or Hunters reach the top of Htt, They used to give us thier gate combo and allow us to go through there property and exit out EXel Canyon, they have since changed there minds, and another property owner has allowed us to exit out dry canyon. I dont blame them, but most people who have made it out of the top of the trail know to either run back down the trail, or exit out dry canyon with someone who has acess to the gate combo.. We have tried hard to get the word out, hope we dont lose access. there are a couple of property owners involved in a lawsuit over this trail, one wants it to remain open, and the other does not. both families are decent and respected people, and hopefully something can be worked out.

HubScratchers are cleaning up Dry Canyon agian this weekend for NPLD, and I believe Unlimited 4x4 club is cleaning HTT and the eXcel canyon side.

pix of last years cleanup of Dry Canyon.

Attachments

• IMG_3579.jpg
    IMG_3579.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3585.jpg
    IMG_3585.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 8

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Please keep the trail open. I've not run it as I thought it was private land but would love the opportunity to do so.

It is private land, and we have permission to cross over it, its a property owner near the trail that is trying to close it in court, I believe this is just one small portion of a much larger lawsuit.