Sl County Fails Us!!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Nancy Workman and her office suck!

They have dropped RS2477 claims to 8 awesome roads in county... WTF?

Letter writing time, whos gonna write one with me...

http://www.sltribune.com/2003/Dec/12312003/utah/124768.asp

Claims Dropped

Mill F East Fork
Mill D South Fork (Cardiff Fork)
Mineral Fork
Silver Fork
Days Fork
Honeycomb Fork
Willow Heights Canyon
American Hollow

Reasoning
"I couldn't give them a reason they were on there," Workman said.

What a stupid answer.... Reason, how about becasue we have a right to OUR public lands....

Paudrhound

I just sent mine off. Kurt we need to hook up. Sorry about not getting back to you the other day.
Looks like this was set for a couple weeks. Wonder when she was going to let the rest of the public know if the paper didn't get it?

Craig S

Commando
Counties are like boses where you work, they only pay attention to the more vocal groups who have valid points. Try calling the lady up and talking to her about the points in your letter. Be nice and make some valid points. It's easy for them to chuck your letter or not read them when they don't have a face to assoiciate with. Another route, deliver the letter in person at their office. Go over the points in the letter in person. If you just mail it. chances are it will get chucked or filed without being read.

My county is similar to yours. Unless I get them one on one, nothing happens. Even one on one, chances are remote they will really follow through. The Notch Peak Desert Dogs spent months using county GPS systems recording back roads and trails, only to have it all thrown out. The good thing that resulted was that the county did their own survey of RS2477 roads. Unfortunaley their list doesn't include some of my favorite trails in Delta.

I beleive that the process can work given time and effort and I support this work 100%. Good luck in your area. Keep those trails open!

Craig Stumph

S

sukaB

I want to pull another car out...
Where's the next one!!!!!
We ready yet again...

Craig S said:
Counties are like boses where you work, they only pay attention to the more vocal groups who have valid points. Try calling the lady up and talking to her about the points in your letter. Be nice and make some valid points. It's easy for them to chuck your letter or not read them when they don't have a face to assoiciate with. Another route, deliver the letter in person at their office. Go over the points in the letter in person. If you just mail it. chances are it will get chucked or filed without being read.

My county is similar to yours. Unless I get them one on one, nothing happens. Even one on one, chances are remote they will really follow through. The Notch Peak Desert Dogs spent months using county GPS systems recording back roads and trails, only to have it all thrown out. The good thing that resulted was that the county did their own survey of RS2477 roads. Unfortunaley their list doesn't include some of my favorite trails in Delta.

I beleive that the process can work given time and effort and I support this work 100%. Good luck in your area. Keep those trails open!

Craig Stumph

Not a bad idea. I'm willing to go in there. Who wants to go with?

cruiseroutfit said:
Nancy Workman and her office suck!

They have dropped RS2477 claims to 8 awesome roads in county... WTF?

Letter writing time, whos gonna write one with me...

Written

Here's what I sent.

"Dear Mayor Nancy Workman-
My name is Chris Jacobsen, I'm a 21 year old college student who enjoys recreating the outdoors on my snowmobiles or in my jeep. I'm writting to inform you that I am disheartened to hear that you have dropped RS2477 claims to some of the greatest most senic trails Utah has to offer. Of those roads, some are

Mill F East Fork
Mill D South Fork (Cardiff Fork)
Mineral Fork
Silver Fork
Days Fork
Honeycomb Fork
Willow Heights Canyon
American Hollow

A local internet forum www.rockymountainextreme.com consists of a few thousand Utah outdoorsman who are dedicated to protecting these trails and keeping them clean. They have organized cleanups, removed wreckage such as abandoned cars, and maintained trails to give them a clean appearance. We feel in part abandoned or let down that these trails have been dropped since we've put for so much effort to keep them open and clean. We respect these trails, we try to tread as light as possible. We enjoy the outdoors and try our best to keep our favorite areas open to the public. Please consider this letter to be the oppinion of the members of the Utah Rocky Mountain Forum.
You may recieve a visit from me and some others from the forum in the near future since I feel these emails may go largerly unnoticed. If at all possible I would appreciate a reply on how we members of the forum may help. We're always more than willing to gear up and go out, we'll do whatever it takes to keep these trails open.

Sincerely
Chris Jacobsen"

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Craig S said:
... deliver the letter in person at their office. Go over the points in the letter in person. If you just mail it. chances are it will get chucked or filed without being read....

Good call...

Lets get a day planned that we can hand deliver notes...

EVERYONE

Please send me a copy of your email/letter, even if you have already sent it, and even if you plan on going up there. I will get hard copies of all the letters to take to the mayors office.

Please pass this on to all the other lists/bb's you are on, the more letters, the merrier.

Send to

landuse@cruiseroutfitters.com

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
UPDATE:

I have added a page to my website, visit it here...
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_slcounty.html

For those of you that need to get up to date on Utahs landuse battles or are just bored and need some good reading, go here...
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse.html

If you have not written a letter yet, please hold off until Monday, I am going to get all the important email addresses as well as some more facts concerning the dropped claims... but stay tuned, Monday I will add a ton of new info...

Thanks!