Slickrock Campground - Easter

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I just read here somewhere that somone found killer deals for easter jeep safari for next year on hotels.com. That maybe but, if i was a betting man i would bet that the hotel pulls the same crap and jacks up the price due to the event. We went to hotels.com when we booked ours all those years ago. I just about refuse to go to moab and play their games. I have had some excellent experiences at the Pack Creek Campground. Never have they changed their rates on me, never have they charged me more due to an event. It is a small campground but, they have always been fair. Heck, they have even called me in the past and had my spot pre reserved before I had called them. Great folks there for sure.

LT.

We stayed there last year for both our annual wheeling trip and girls' camp, one of the best campground hosts we have ever had.

kidkrawler

I booked late and Slickrock Campground was my only option for 8 nights over the past 2 weeks.

Never. Ever. Again.

The $5 a night thing was a bit ridiculous and I know of 2 people that got it removed from their bill. My reasons for not returning go far beyond that. I have been staying at this type of establishment within Moab for over a decade and had stayed at Slickrock before, back around 2003.

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Contrary to the negativity toward Slickrock Campground in this thread, I have had nothing but good experiences with them. They took care of me and my family last October, and we enjoyed our time there. However, if they had changed my price for the worse, after I already paid, I would certainly scratch them from my future plans and would have fought tooth and nail if they tried to charge me more after the fact. As has been stated, that is illegal.

I have also had good luck with Canyonlands campground downtown too. I plan to try Pack Creek at some point too due to the good things I continue to hear about them.

Hmmm, now I want to check my confirmation vs my receipt from last week. Or maybe I don't.

We stayed at a cabin at Slickrock. It wasn't bad. I chose it over KOA because it was available and I didn't have to pay the total amount when I reserved it. May consider Canyonlands next year, especially if they have trailer parking.

Slickrock said they didn't have trailer parking, but everyone staying there had trailers and parked them wherever they could fit them. We lucked out and parked ours next to our cabin. If I could guarantee a similar arrangement, I'd stay there again.

corbin.black

I have stayed at slickrock the last several times i've been in moab and don't have any complaints. actually I have several good things to say about the campground. If you did place your order online, it does state "Please note: For the week of Jeep Safari and Memorial and Labor Day weekends, please add $5 per night." I also booked my reservations late and only was able to get a spot for thursday and saturday night (friday was full) but when we got there, a slot had opened friday and we stayed the weekend. Our price was also a little higher than the confirmation ($15, $5 per night) but I knew it would be that way because of the website.