Snakes 11-28

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I was looking a little closer at my rear yoke and the tab that holds the u-joint cap in, is completly sheared off.

so I think I must have come down on the driveline just right and punched out the cap just enough to break the tab, then the cap worked its way out of the u-bolt and then it all went bad.

Here is the good side
View attachment 39692

and here is the side with the missing tab
View attachment 39693

That sucks! Happened to my brand new 14 bolt ubolt yoke my first trip on it at Goshen

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Shakerbuilt! Haven't heard that name in a while. About 10yrs ago, they were selling a lot of neat Chevy parts no one else had.

Anyway. Well that sucks!!! I just went out and looked, thinking I might have had a yoke for you, but it's a 1350. :(

V-DAWG

someday
I saw y'all out there. I only spoke with Richpblaze?, super nice guy!

I wasn't trying to be antisocial, I just was limited on time and since I am trying to sell, I didn't want to risk breaking anything. (Not that I am anywhere near the league some of those rigs are in.)

Here are about the only pics I took:
pc280042qh1.jpg

pc280046bk7.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I wondered what happened to you guys, I wanted to check out those rigs!! And if you ever see my Blazer on a run, you'll be fine to go. :D

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
SO after Stan gave up his first attempt at the nest, Byron tried.....No luck so I thought for fun I would give the Scout a try. I had to turn around anyways.....right?

Well first attempt was close but the motor stumbled (big surprise) Got a few rocks stacked and let her sit for a minute then. DROVE UP THE NEST!!!! It was fun! But that meant Stan had to try again.....Cant let a stupid Scout with a bad motor beat the almighty T REX. Unfortunatly he had the same result. SO close but just didnt happen so he hooked the winch up. Byron's kids had enough so he turned around and me and Stan finished the trail. Stan bent a wheel and lost air so he had to beat it back into position and rely on his CO2 to filler back up.

It was a SWEET day. Even if the Scout wouldnt stay running and had no power. I had a lot of fun and it was cool to see/meet everyone.

I decided Im done messing with this motor. The 460 that I had built for my Mustang is going in! Should have about 100 more horse than this motor (when it was running right, about 300 more than it had today) Should make for a good winter project.

Thanks to everyone that came! I will try to get some pics on soon

I have to see what this "Nest" looks like!!! Man, I wish I could have joined you all on the run! But, no... I was stuck here in Junction, alone, designing wheels all day:(. Whoa is me! (This is where you are supposed to feel sorry for me!)LOL

And what is up Cheston.. I thought you had the engine fixed??? So I must know... is the mustang 460 injected, or are you still going to run propane on it??

Looks like an awesome day and I can't wait for more pics!
Matt

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I have to see what this "Nest" looks like!!! Man, I wish I could have joined you all on the run! But, no... I was stuck here in Junction, alone, designing wheels all day:(. Whoa is me! (This is where you are supposed to feel sorry for me!)LOL

And what is up Cheston.. I thought you had the engine fixed??? So I must know... is the mustang 460 injected, or are you still going to run propane on it??

Matt

The nest is a pretty hard obstacle. So bad they actually cemented in a winch point above it!! Way fun

I thought the engine was fixed to!! I went to the Idaho TTC and it ran great, went to the Goshen wheeling and it ran great. I didnt even unload it off the trailer before this trip. It ran good when I pulled off then about 200 yards up the dirt road I could tell I was going to have problems again. Its doing exactly what it was doing in Moab.

There are only 2 scenerios

1st. The motor is just mentally tramatized from TTC still

2nd. The Scout HATES T REX. I think its jealous of all those wheels :greg:

The Mustang motor is basically the same motor, just built a lot more. I will be running the propane on it as well. I really dont think anything is wrong with the propane and I like it, when the Scout is running that is. I will have to get a smaller cam though. The one thats in it now will barely idle :eek:

notajeep

Just me

Matt

Here is Bucking bronco and I both driving Eagles Nest.

[YOUTUBE]425q0Ac6Y9c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X-FkhvC8les[/YOUTUBE]

X1994J

XJ's Bring the Uni-Suck
Sounds like a good day of carnage. I tore up a ring and pinion and broke a detroit locker in the front of my Jeep on Wayne's World. I was hoping it wasn't too bad, tore it apart today to fnd the good news.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
It was a great day of fun. Having things a little wet made them more fun and challenging. What a great bunch of guys to go wheeling with, thanks to all.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• DSCF3583.jpg
    DSCF3583.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF3589.jpg
    DSCF3589.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF3598.jpg
    DSCF3598.jpg