Snowmobiling rental/tours

MattL

Wondering if you all have had any experiences with any local or semi local rentals/tours. Looking to get out and do a day or two of riding.

Does any one have suggestions on where to look and good/reasonable pricing?

thanks.

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
There are a couple good companies up here in Kamas. Wellers recreation has been around the longest but i don't think they do tours. If you call Recreation Ventures tell them Dustin from Sexton Offroad sent you Here is their website
http://www.recreationventures.com/
You might have to wait a couple months until the snow is back.

krany

kranberry
You might have to wait a couple months until the snow is back.
who needs snow:rofl:
sand-x_bike_01_z1X19_17621.jpg

sorry i dont have much to add other than its gonna be a while before you get enough snow for a snowmobiling trip will be worth while, probably late January early febuary i think is the best

Corban_White

There are 2 or 3 on hwy 35 between jordanelle and woodland. I don't remember the names though. They will drop the sleds off at the trailhead for you. If you end up renting up in that area and need someone to show you around let me know. We ride out of nobletts as often as possible while there is snow. :D I can't wait! :)

There are rentals available at daniels summit lodge and I believe they do tours as well.

MattL

Thanks for the info so far. I might just take you up on the touring offer. The wife and I are thinking about doing something about thanksgiving and thought if there was snow this might be fun.

Corban_White

Most years the snow is a bit sparse around thanksgiving. We usually drive the pickup up to get the Christmas tree.......3 weeks after that we are sledding the same areas.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I've never used a snowmobile, but am a nut for dirtbiking, etc. Are they as fun as dirtbikes??? I guess I've never really had the opportunity. Sorry for the hijack

Corban_White

I would say they are more fun than dirt bikes. I love dirt biking but there is nothing like the rush you get out on the sleds. That said, if I had a newer bike I would SERIOUSLY be considering one of these:

snowbike1.jpg

pELYgroso

'Merica
hmm, Maybe I'll have to give it a try this winter. I've been dreading this winter because I don't have many winter outdoor hobbies, and I didn't do nearly enough this summer to be satisfied! (new baby, and prego wifey before that....and my 'runner JUST got finished)

MattL

Thanks for the info guys. No go ahead and hijack away. The last time i rode a sled it was when i was in cub scouts and crashed it. I pretty much have stayed away since then.

We would love to go with some one as long as they know that there is two amateur riders. Me and the wife.