So? How was Moabrocks?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It was cool.... Crazy, but cool.

I post more when I get a chance. I have a new found respect for Competition Spotters now!

S

sukaB

yah how many showed and who won and how much did they get....
I would have liked the idea a little bit more if dudes didnt know (or drive) the courses before the event....
I think moab needs to be left out of the rock crawl comp scene....
I love it to much to see it go by by if bad publicity.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
as long as this new owner keeps his stick on the ice everything should be cool...I can't believe he picked it up for less than $250K in bankruptcy proceedings....fawker!!

Greg

Admin
Quick Facts-

They aren't 100% accurate, but here's what I got.....

There were 14 rigs in the Comp.

Unlimited Class-

Rob ???? (in Steve Nantz's Orange Single Seater Buggy) took 1st in the Unlimited Class.

Curtis McNeil took 2nd or 3rd in Unlimited???? He also got the 'Crowd Pleaser' Award.... He took some hard rolls, but what's new??

The guys from Mt Logan took 2nd or 3rd???? They got the 'Best Cosmetics' Award. Also, Mt. Logan did some kick-ass driving and repairing!!

Charly and Parker took 4th or 5th???? They got 'Best Sportsmanship' Award..... and truly deserved it.

Legends Class-

Dean Bullock took 1st Place with some killer driving.

Chris and I took 2nd Place.... Who know's why or how?!

3rd place was ????

I think, 4th was the Rectors, with Jeff's father driving.

Winners recieved Winches, Shocks, Tires, Beadlocks, Seats, $$$, etc.........

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
there goes dean whippin up with zuki power...gotta love the underdog coming out on top every time.

congrats on the high finish greg....something tells me that this event wont get so ignored next year....a little more advanced notice would have been nice...

Greg

Admin
Underdog? Dean? How can you be the UnderDog with an Atlas AND a Klune-V?? :D I heard a rumor that the 'Samuari' Dean drives will be recieving a set of Tera 60's soon!! :p

I'm surprised Chris and I placed where we did, because we were having major Electrical Problems (and other LAME stuff) starting out on the 2nd day. We were lucky to place where we did, let alone get back down to the Pavement.

Here's a Pic I borrowed from 4x44U.com, of Chris and I working on one of our Problems-

MVC-016F.JPG

Honestly, I would like to see the MoabRocks event grow like UROC has. I think the potential is there..... in the mean time, there are a few concerns I had, and some that were discussed by others involved in the Comp.

- Getting in between and around on the Courses. We had to be WINCHED up one Hill, just getting to our first Gate..... BEFORE the Comp. started!! The Routes to each next Obstacle should be Taped off for ease of Travel.

- More actual 'Legends' Lines. There were only 3 Legends Lines, the rest of the time the Legends Rigs had to drive the same Lines that the Unlimited Guys were driving. It was a little much for the smaller, less built Rigs. There were way too many people that pointed out.... even Unlimited Rigs!!

- The Course desigeners should have made sure all the lines we're Driven before the Competition. There was more than a couple obstacles that were never attempted, untill the Comp.

Thats enough of my ranting for now.....

If any of the guys that organized the MoabRocks Event reads this, please take those points into consideration for the next Event. I'm sure there will be plenty of feedback, and I hope to see a change for the better on Labor Day!

'MoabRocks' truly ROCKS! The potential is there, it just needs to be fine tuned!

S

sukaB

Good job Greg and Chris...
Maybe I'll do the next one.....
What do they want for entry fee's.
I'm just sceptical on the whole moab rock crawl scene.....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
they are sanctioned by UROC so it is the series fees plus

Series Fee: $100.00

Legend Class: $175.00 per event

Unlimited Class: $250.00 per event

S

sukaB

Were did all the money go then.....
Lining someones pockets again......I love to see all the dudes that start rock crawls driving around in brand new diesel trucks as soon as we start sendin in our fees.......
A winch for first--yah...........
Maybe I won't be there...
I don't have to make money but that is a steep entry
considering the awards....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by sukaB
Were did all the money go then.....
Lining someones pockets again......I love to see all the dudes that start rock crawls driving around in brand new diesel trucks as soon as we start sendin in our fees.......
A winch for first--yah...........
Maybe I won't be there...
I don't have to make money but that is a steep entry
considering the awards....

sounds like we need a regime change.....

SukaB.....rockcrawler/political activist extraordinaire....

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by sukaB
Good job Greg and Chris...
Maybe I'll do the next one.....
What do they want for entry fee's.
I'm just sceptical on the whole moab rock crawl scene.....

Thanks Brandon!

You should enter the next one, you'd probably do well in the Technical obstacles they had there!

The Comp. in Moab felt diffrent than the other Comps. I'm not sure how it played out in the Land Use scene, but it's private land, so that helps atleast. As long as the place doesn't get thrashed, I think it's OK.

Originally posted by Ryan
2nd place :cool:
Looks like I may be out of a job :eek:

Whatever, Ryan!! :rolleyes: You know what's up. I don't think I'd ever be half the Spotter you are! I have a new found respect for you and what you do at the UROC events.

Originally posted by 2BIGTJ
I saw on the website that 100% of the entry fee was being paid out.

50% 1st
20% 2nd

You're correct, 100% payout.

SpeedyVic

I was there for the second day of the event. Until the wind blew me off the hill, that is. Got some good video of Mt. Logan on the run that busted their knuckle. It was loud!

It was the first competition that I've been to. The scenery was awsome, and so was the rigs. Gave me some good ideas for my DD. :)

Caleb

Hey Greg, your comments/concerns are real similar to those of UROC when it was first getting started...its all a matter of time...but unless they get a new play ground the area will get old real fast for comps...IMO

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by supergper
Hey Greg, your comments/concerns are real similar to those of UROC when it was first getting started...its all a matter of time...but unless they get a new play ground the area will get old real fast for comps...IMO

Yeah, it's just a matter of doing the first one and improving from there. I agree with your last point there.... Getting up and back was a PITA.

S

sukaB

I'd like to here more about the knuckle thing....
Was it welded at TERA or MT LOGAN.....
Bet I can guess...

Greg What's that ****........