So long Dump Bump

Lions back and Dump Bump are on public ground but the access to them is on private ground?

It's all private including part of the beginning for Hell's Revenge and the exit for Hell's Revenge (both protected...for now).

Great map here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562221

Anyway, dude closed them down for liability reasons NOT anti off road reasons.

Yes, the new owner has been very cooperative in working with RR4W on this, but it doesn't look like there will be much progress.

They are working on getting an easement to both obstacles so the land owner won't be liable, then they will be reopened (probably)

I don't think so. 99.9% sure it is gone forever. Lion's Back will definitely never be re-opened. Dump Bump will probably never be re-opened.

PS-Not trying to pick on you meat, but your post included everything I wanted to reply to. :)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I got to do lions back on jan 1 this year. There were no gates or anything up at the time but I guess it is closed and sold off now. The silly rental jeep I had wouldn't do DB so I didn't try that.

It is sad to see things go but start saving your pennies and start buying your own land now!!

Seth

These go to 11
Check out how clean Lion's Back is. Shows you what 60 days and a few rainstorms does. So much for the "irreparable damage" argument.
IMG_0131.jpg

It is sad to see things go but start saving your pennies and start buying your own land now!!

It doesn't have to be that way. We CAN keep public lands open, but it takes a lot of resources (money, members, volunteers) to do it. Support a land use group today!

toyotajunk2

I heard

From talking to some in the real estate world. The new developer wants to keep the obstacles open,but right now there is a liability issue. If someone were to die or get hurt on his property they could technically sue him for damages. I have been told he is trying to work through the insurance issues.
Having closed on it so close to the safari he had to close it down. Don't hold me to this but just what I have heard. I have heard he wants to do all he can to open them up again.

It is an insurance issue. The RR4W land use people on the ground are not optimistic about resolving the problem. It is considered gone forever.

Scoobydew31

Is there a way that a Website with no income or very little could purchase this property and then allow anyone to use it? I mean who could you technically sue if a community owns it? Or could you sue everyone in that community? Just thinking out loud! There has to be a way around this thing.

I also think Lions Back is a perfect example of how little damage is truely done to the outdoors from responsible 4 wheelers. I couldn't believe how clean the rock was this year!