Political So now what

Political discussions within

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I literally can't read any of these stories. They make me lose sleep and cause me to be sick to my stomach. I get yelling at your kids or even smacking them when they might not have deserved it because of your mood, we are all human and make mistakes/lose our cool sometimes. I don't understand prolonged torture of a child. I would gladly harm these people and lose zero sleep over it.

The Ethan Stacy case in Ogden was the last one I read. I was sick for at least a couple weeks after that.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I look at my kids, and I can't even imagine allowing them to suffer like that.

DCFS dropped the ball on that case, but I have a friend that is a pretty high level case manager for DCFS and the horrors he's seen. They have the hardest time finding workers because they are so underfunded. I think they start case workers at $17 an hour still. Can't find case workers, can't find therapists, can't find foster homes...just not enough of anything. Just another example of a place where more funding is absolutely needed and never granted. Such a weird situation to simultaneously try to have more kids born into terrible situations, but also making sure that there is very little support for them once they are here....and people wonder what can lead so many into a life of crime, drugs, and chronic homelessness.

My wife is already trying to prep me for the day that we adopt a daughter, although it is also possible that this is just her way of getting me to compromise and let her buy a cat. At least the daughter won't pee on my pillow.