Sod...

utahxjer

Just ordered 5000 sq ft from Willowwood Turf. They are out of Draper. Has anyone ever ordered from them? And if so how was the sod? Also, they have the sod in 10' rolls. Anyone used the rolls? I've only laid the sod rectangles

Caleb

I used the rolls for my last house. I liked them a lot better, you could grab at least two usually at a time and that would allow for pretty good coverage, where as the rectangles you can usually only grab two and they don't have a lot fo coverage...point is, the rolls seemed to go MUCH faster :p

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
I'm doing mine next year. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?
when you do yours be sure to call Aposhian Gardens just up the street from you and atleast price them. When I did mine 6 years ago they were by far the cheapest, delivered for free, and had excellent sod.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Supergper said:
when you do yours be sure to call Aposhian Gardens just up the street from you and atleast price them. When I did mine 6 years ago they were by far the cheapest, delivered for free, and had excellent sod.
Good to know. They just did the sprinklers and sod in my front yard.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I like the rolls better. I did mine from rolls and a neighbors from rectangles. The rectangles sucked a$$, or maybe it just sucked because it was my neighbors house at 700am in 85 degree heat.

FWIW I got mine from valley turf in Lehi. 2000sq=$550 delivered.

I only had a little to lay myself after negotiating with the builder. Luckily since I'm a corner lot, the city told them not only did they have to scape the front, they had to do the HUGE side yard too! Of course this came down long after I closed on the house so they couldn't change the contract price :D

utahxjer

RockMonkey said:
I'm doing mine next year. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?
5000 sq ft at .23 sq ft = $1150.00

This place in Draper takes their pallets with them so there is no pallet fee (and you don't have to return them) and they deliver for free

Valley Turf in Lehi was .24 sq ft, pallet fee, and a delivery fee and rectangle sod

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Personally, I would never use sod again. The quality of grass that you can get from the right seed blend far exceeds any sod you can buy.

Just my one penny's worth.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Shawn said:
Personally, I would never use sod again. The quality of grass that you can get from the right seed blend far exceeds any sod you can buy.

shawn is right about quality, but every body wants instant gratification. (ir would that be grassification)

when we did our back yard in tooele, we bought from aposhian gardens. the price was awesome compared to everyone else. that was a few years ago. they only delivered to tooele once a week, so we went and picked it up with the trailer. they gave us extra sod for not having them deliver to tooele.:D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Shawn said:

I haven't been terribly happy with my seeding, I've been battling weeds and bare spots. My topsoil probably wasn't the best, so that would affect it.....it looks pretty decent now, but it's taken 4 years to get to this point.

Then again, sod would have cost me around $2K according to the prices people are posting, and I spent more like $200-$300 for seed, peat moss, spreader rental, etc.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I Lean said:
I haven't been terribly happy with my seeding, I've been battling weeds and bare spots. My topsoil probably wasn't the best, so that would affect it.....it looks pretty decent now, but it's taken 4 years to get to this point.

Then again, sod would have cost me around $2K according to the prices people are posting, and I spent more like $200-$300 for seed, peat moss, spreader rental, etc.
I planted my sead last spring and by the end of the year is was almost fully covered. This year it is deep and plush.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
We seeded our lawn and it's great where the !@#@(&# shyster landscape guy put enough topsoil down. I'd do it again, but probably hydroseed. We bought our own spreader so we're good to for next time. Friggin' landscapers. Grrrr!

heheh

CJJ92yj

.23/sqft is kinda pricey. Last year I bought 3000 sqft from Cache Valley Turf up in Hyrum. They were .16/sqft delivered. Their sod has been awesome too. Just a heads up.