For Sale SOLD Rapid-Air Maxline Wheel Straightener Tool

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Asking Price
$80
Condition
Used - Good Condition
This is a tubing straightener for rapid-air or dewalt style air compressor air lines. Works with 1/2″, 3/4″ and 1″ Aluminum/Pex fast pipe style compressor tubing.

One of the wheels has a chip out of it from dropping, but didn't affect performance. I used it on 3/4" tubing and it made it much more manageable to install.

If you're running compressed air line in your shop, this thing is pretty handy and works decently.

New is over $160, Asking $80 shipped.

363295703_6399730180118145_4906212375176038619_n.jpg

364264393_9662565000483228_6584953480678010344_n.jpg

360075403_6662815140405661_4549608437420911607_n.jpg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
What are the chances you'd rent/sell it to me when you're finished using it...?
I am a few months away from running lines in my garage, so I would be happy to lend it to you. I will be in Salt Lake next Monday. I have to go to the airport for a Global Entry interview at 4 and could meet you somewhere to hand off either before or after the meeting.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I am a few months away from running lines in my garage, so I would be happy to lend it to you. I will be in Salt Lake next Monday. I have to go to the airport for a Global Entry interview at 4 and could meet you somewhere to hand off either before or after the meeting.
That would be stellar! I already have the Rapidair line kit - I've just been procrastinating on the install. No excuses now! I'll shoot you a text (assuming I have the correct # still) and make some plans.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That would be stellar! I already have the Rapidair line kit - I've just been procrastinating on the install. No excuses now! I'll shoot you a text (assuming I have the correct # still) and make some plans.

Just one tip for you guys - mount that thing in a vice or hook it to something super heavy and pull the line through it. You will hate your life if you try to pull the straightener on the pipe. Also - it's not perfect but it will get the line semi-straight, good enough for it to straighten out when you mount it. I also bought extra 90 deg fittings for the wall corners because I didn't want to mess with getting a nice bend in the corners and screwing it up. The 90s made it fit tighter and nicer, IMO

Here's a timelapse of part of my install - you can see I mounted the straightener to the front of the buggy to pull the pipe though. Another tip I would give is to use clamps on half of the ceiling mounts instead of the pop in C clips. I didn't feel like they would hold very well up top. The wall mounts are all the C clip mounts though, which was nice because I had to move the pipe around quite a bit to fix all my leaks after the install.