Somebody rescue my old buggy (v1) from this guy...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Rescue it and get it back on the trail.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28368507&cat=402&lpid=&search=&ad_cid=5

Here's how it looked the day I sold it as a rolling chassis. :(

IMG_6988.JPGIMG_6971.jpgIMG_6966.jpgIMG_6964.JPGIMG_6962.JPG

I have no idea what he's done to it since but I do know it's been sitting in the weather for 4 years. IMO, he shouldn't get more than 3k for it because of the weathering.
Also - his list is missing and kinda wrong.
5.13 Gears, detroit rear, lock-rite front, warn axle shafts front w/ CTMs, moser shafts rear, Upper and lower arms are DOM no chromoly. Fox 2.0 Air shocks, 38x12.5 TSL SX's (probably sun rotted :rolleyes: ) Included rear poly tank and probably a lot of other things I'm forgetting. It was built to be a light-weight and very agile crawler. The wheel-base on it is (or was) 106".

Sorry I'm not posting this in the classifieds, I just want somebody to pick it up and actually build/use it. :rolleyes:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That buggy is a great foundation. To bad it has been just sitting in the weather since he bought it.

I would LOVE to see this rig on the trail again. It was the my first chassis that I made so I'm still kind of attached to it. It's got it's flaws but I agree, it's an awesome foundation and it served me for 6.5 years! Granted, I did make a lot of modifications to it over those years, in it's final year it ended super stable and really fun.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've thought about it more than once, but he won't budge on price.

Well, tell him only bought the rolling chassis for $4k and let it sit for 4 years. So He should budge. I'm really not sure how it gained an extra 1.5k in equity. :rofl:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm glad I have an unnatural attachment to my tin can of an XJ otherwise it would be amazing to swap everything over into that thing. I always loved your buggy. If it was like $2k I would be in trouble

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'm glad I have an unnatural attachment to my tin can of an XJ otherwise it would be amazing to swap everything over into that thing. I always loved your buggy. If it was like $2k I would be in trouble

X2. The more I beat my cherokee up the more I think about finding a rig that has the tubing already done so I could just swap all of my parts over too it.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Buying this could be like traveling back in time. I could pretend I was the 2005 Herzog......oh the possibilities

AaronPaige

I drove buy the other day and it was still out front... And may not be too weather checked was in a hay shied type building for a while I'd've been watching it asking to buy it every now and again but now he wants to sell and I'm to far in to my next one...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I drove buy the other day and it was still out front... And may not be too weather checked was in a hay shied type building for a while I'd've been watching it asking to buy it every now and again but now he wants to sell and I'm to far in to my next one...

You need to post up the progress on your new build! I'm curious!

AaronPaige

It's going really slow I had a ls3 to build and bla bla bla I'm back down to a pile of tube and a set of planets, soon as I get some parts rounded up I'll make a build log...

and well... Ok I just need the room in my shop to get the motor trans hanging to tube from I'm just lazy

Last edited: