Jeep SOMEONE BUILD A REAR TRACK BAR FOR A 90 YJ??

gertsch

Probably cause some safety inspector thinks its actually needed rather then thinking for himself? I worked with guys back with the county that would fail them for missing all the time. Granted it was in the book for missing suspension parts. They got better after I started working there and pointed out it wasn't really needed and did more harm then good.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
YJ's never came from the factory with a rear track bar. Front, yes so it's a fail on the inspection issue there, but not on the rear.

Like others have said, you're better off without them unless it's an inspection issue. If it is, find another inspector.

Probably cause some safety inspector thinks its actually needed rather then thinking for himself? I worked with guys back with the county that would fail them for missing all the time. Granted it was in the book for missing suspension parts. They got better after I started working there and pointed out it wasn't really needed and did more harm then good.

gertsch

YJ's never came from the factory with a rear track bar. Front, yes so it's a fail on the inspection issue there, but not on the rear.

Like others have said, you're better off without them unless it's an inspection issue. If it is, find another inspector.
I did a lift on a 95 tj that came factory with a rear trac-bar on it. The kit had a relocation bracket for bot the front and rear.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Do you want a rear trackbar (panhard bar) (it goes frame to axle sideways)
or
a Traction bar (ladder bar) (it goes frame to axle front to back to prevent wheel hop)

YJ's never came with either stock.

Team1k

YJ's had front and rear trackbars from the factory. Now if you are meaning swaybars then YJ's only had those on the front. Ive never been hassled about mine missing front and rear so the cheaper option would be to just take it to another shop.

Supporting sources:

Me building up 2 stock YJ's (92 and 94)

Autozone lists a different part for front and back
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...ns?filterByKeyWord=trackbar&fromString=search

Multiple kits include a rear track bar relocation bracket and if you open the instructions it shows them reusing the stock bar
http://www.extremeterrain.com/rough...pos=1o4&network=g&XTID=J10457&adtype=pla#tab2

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
YJ's DID come with panhard bars front and rear. I agree completely about not needing them though....

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
They make the jeep handle like a car instead of a boat. It would be cool if it had a quick disconnect, otherwise not necessary.

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec

Yes they did I just removed both front and rear in my 89 YJ. I also removed them on my 95 Yj.

1993yj

chocflip does it help with stability at all? jeep isnt very stable anyway, with the 3 inch body lift and suspension lift it has on it......

Haven't had one on mine since I can remember. If you need it for inspection, I would only have it on for that day. If you are looking for stability, ditch the 3" body lift.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Id leave the front track-bar on if ya plan on any freeway duty. It will wander without it . Mine did loosen up after some off-road duty but I added some washers and red Loctite and hasent loosened up since . I did ditch the rear cause the axle mount became paper thin .