Southern Utah camping/trail trip

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I heard there is a trail down there that takes like a few days. Anyone heard of this?? If it is true I thought it would be fun to travel this trail and camp out down there. Anyone in??

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
yeah....a trail that takes 2 days......in southern utah....ummm which one...?!? you can make PSM/GS/GBR in moab take 2 days if you want to......:confused:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
check out 4x4now.com, they have some articles on some of the more abscure trails like those found in san-rafael that are either close to being closed or closed already.

there are a couple more websites but you just have to do a web search.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm sure you thinking about the Hole in the Rock trail... I have never done it but completely want too... not hard at all from what I've heard... at the end you can hike down to Lake Powell over the hole in the rock trail... :D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Back when I was in scouts we hiked the trail all the way to Lake Powell in 2 days. That was the first time I'd ever seen 4x4's doing some real wheeling.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Hole in the rock trail is pretty fun I'm going down to do the trail the weekend before Easter with my uncle and some other family I'd Invite you guys but it's a family thing. I'll take some pics.Isn't it a 4 or 4+ trail. The pic on the left is from Hole in the rock. I have a bunch more but don'tknow how to put them in the forum.

demon jeep

Banned
Originally posted by spencurai
I found a cool link about dark canyon down that direction, it is about 100 miles south of moab.....
check it out....

I think this might be the one he talking about. It took us about 2.5 days to drive it. in the magizine was there a spot toolong was climb a rocky hill if so it is a pain in the back side but really pertty

Dude the first time i got somthing wierd and then i hit the link again and wala yup that the one it nice down there.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That article was Dark Canyon.

Looks like a very senic area, with a smattering of real wheelin. I believe the cool part about the Trail is that it's a Corridor about 200 ft. wide, right thru the middle of a Wilderness Area. I want to drive it too, after reading the Artcicle!

'Impossible Hill' was one of the obstacles.... the 2 built CJ8's in the write-up Walked up it, so if you're locked, it's not bad at all.

troutbum

cubi-kill
yup not too hard...I did snap a driveline and shear the two tranny mounts trying to show up the heeps :D... but it was from standing on the gas trying to park on a near vertical wall. Ended up driving the rest of the trail with front wheel drive.... elephant hill required some momentum read (smokin tires) and a strap, after I smoked the clutches in the front LS