Southwest Bike Trip : St:George or Mesquite

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm up for some Friday riding. I can get there early enough. Just depends if other guys come with me that can't get off work. Or if my wife comes down an cooks and cleans for us I can for sure get there early enough. Haha. When I am down there with my family I ride on Sundays but that is just going out riding casual by myself. Never have done a long planned out ride.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Wife says I am good to go, as long as she can get a hair cut. I need to b back for church duties on Sunday, so I will have to leave Saturday night sometime. I could be down anytime on Friday, and could ride.
If there is a truck and trailer that could haul my bike I can drive my car down, if not it may be time to finally stick a hitch on the ol Hyundai.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
And I thought I had an sweet hook-up for extra beds w/pool and such, but she will be moved up here the week before :(

Cascadia

Undecided
I have just confirmed the second weekend in January. I was hoping my wife hadn't already booked it out for someone else. So it's ours for the weekend. There is a euro lounger (from costco) kinda folds in to a comfy bed, a couch, a king bed, a queen bed, a twin, and a full. I think there may be a blow up mattress also. There is also plenty of room on the floor if we get enough interest. There is also a hot tub for after the ride. And a pool that we can use as an ice bath.

The queen bed is mine. If there are more than 6 guys then we can have 2 in the king. The twin and full are bunkbeds. Twin on the bottom. Greg, do you want the king unless we have more than 6 guys you can have the full?

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I have just confirmed the second weekend in January. I was hoping my wife hadn't already booked it out for someone else. So it's ours for the weekend. There is a euro lounger (from costco) kinda folds in to a comfy bed, a couch, a king bed, a queen bed, a twin, and a full. I think there may be a blow up mattress also. There is also plenty of room on the floor if we get enough interest. There is also a hot tub for after the ride. And a pool that we can use as an ice bath.

The queen bed is mine. If there are more than 6 guys then we can have 2 in the king. The twin and full are bunkbeds. Twin on the bottom. Greg, do you want the king unless we have more than 6 guys you can have the full?

It doesn't matter to me, twin or full are fine by me. 2 guys can cuddle in the king if needed... sounds like Cheston needs someone to keep him warm at night. :p

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Id be up for the second weekend in Jan, I was already planning on riding down there at that time to prep for a race in Mesquite, Id probably be bringing another rider and getting a room. Ive also rode warner valley a few times and know some trails.

rholbrook

This sounds fun but I go under the knife the first week of January so I am not going to be able to join. I will be out for a minimum of 2 1/2 months, especially riding. I have been putting off the surgery for over a year and there really isnt any good time for it for me so I decided to just get it done. I was originally scheduled for the week before Thanks Giving but on Jan 1 my insurance changed significantly so my out of pocket was 1/2 of what it would be for 2013.

I can give some pointers on where to go but it sounds like enough people are going that may know the area anyway.

Greg, Cheston is like that. He thinks bunk beds is him on top of you, literally. If it wasnt for his back hair, he'd be alright.

GAR

I REALLY want to go on this trip, But I might have to go to China that weekend, crap! Stupid work.
Tyson- if I can't go you are welcome to borrow my 3 place motorcycle trailer