Spam phone calls after KSL classified ad listing..??

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I'm trying to see if this is coincidence, or if anyone else has experienced the same thing. A couple of months ago, I listed a car for sale on KSL.com. I've had my phone number for years, and haven't really experienced a lot of "spam" calls until recently. This the the one and only time I've listed my number on KSL.com. I don't believe I've listed it on any other public forums. I'm thinking that someone pulled the number from KSL and sold it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
For KSL and classifieds that require a phone # I use a google voice phone # that forwards to my cell. Been a while but yea, it's too risky to put your real # up.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Not sure if it's from KSL but I've gotten a metric shit ton of call on my cell from student loans to taxes to credit cards etc.

Tonkaman

It's definitely from KSL. That spam is just as bad as Craigslist.

I had no idea there was a way around this. I'll have to check into this google voice voodoo

RogueJeepr

Here!
I'll get texts from out of state numbers and they always ask a "yes OR no" question like--- is this part still available but with broken English.
I answer F----off scammers.

This is normal for ksl.

Dont need big tires to have fun.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I use to get 3-4 calls a day, I started using the 'block caller' feature on my phone, now I'm down to about 1 a week or less.

Slacker

I posted my trailer for sale on KSL.
About a month after the trailer was sold and the ad removed I started getting daily calls from a 702 area code.
They would ask general questions about ‘something’ I had for sale.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I'll get texts from out of state numbers and they always ask a "yes OR no" question like--- is this part still available but with broken English.
I answer F----off scammers.

This is normal for ksl.

You are far better off not responding at all and simply blocking the number, whenever a person responds to spam/scam numbers they mark down your number as being a live person who they will target again from different numbers.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Good info guys and thanks Herzog for the tip about google voice. I've been blocking the hell out of numbers, and it seems to be helping, but man has this been annoying.

RogueJeepr

Here!
You are far better off not responding at all and simply blocking the number, whenever a person responds to spam/scam numbers they mark down your number as being a live person who they will target again from different numbers.
Yeah I should do that more. It seems the 1st week (especially Monday) I post an ad is when the calls/texts come in and then fades away. So far , nothing this week but I've sold almost everything I had posted. I'll usually delete the ad (instead of marking sold) once its gone.

Last edited: