Spec Gate - Tailgate Mounting solution

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I decided I could use some better options for my Gladiator when it comes to tie-downs, securing additions, etc.

I use my JT as a truck (as it should be) and have hauled axles, metal band saws, engines, transmissions, etc. Having additional mounts seemed like a smart choice and the Spec Gate seemed like a great way to add other items that would come in handy as well. They offer Base Gates for several different trucks currently, with more coming soon.

20240929_110932-X2.jpg

20240929_114508-X2.jpg

Install took less than 10 minutes, I removed the stock inner tailgate access panels and bolted on the Base Gate. Next, added the optional items onto the Base Gate; A umbrella mount, Rotopax mount and a handful of tie-downs for whatever else.

20240929_115456-X2.jpg

20240929_115420-X2.jpg

20240929_115427-X2.jpg

20240929_115431-X2.jpg

Once the Base Gate was on, I played with the options to see how it all worked together. I like how expandable it is, how you can choose your options based on your specific needs. The ratcheting strap was super handy. I added a Rotopax mount as well as an Umbrella mount, need to pick those items up to get full use out of it.

20240929_131159-X2.jpg

Without a doubt, my favorite feature is the magnetic platform. It's super handy for organizing those small parts, tools and fasteners and keeping them securely where they should be. You can also choose your color, since I have some Red on the JT, it only made sense.

20240929_131237-X2.jpg

20240929_133400-X2.jpg

I'm planning to do some real world testing, make some more additions and see how it works out for my Gladiator!

crosbike

Looks neat, i can see how it'd be useful but i would be pretty apprehensive dragging something heavy across those attachment points. Kitted out that looks about $400 right?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Looks neat, i can see how it'd be useful but i would be pretty apprehensive dragging something heavy across those attachment points. Kitted out that looks about $400 right?

The Base Gate is pretty low profile once the attachments are removed... and they come off quickly. It's made of HDPE and the L-Track is tucked down inside. I'm sure someone could damage it if they tried, but it feels pretty stout in person.

Price is about right, for my Gladiator the Base Gate is on sale at $300 and they you add the items. $400 total is close to what I ended up out the door.