Spotted

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So that looks like the inner is designed to rotate? Maybe it twists a bit but not a lot and acts like a sway bar?

I doubt it was designed at all... 😆

Probably rode like shit after the lift and the owner decided the shackles were the issue, I'd doubt there was any movement at all... probably rode like hell. If the shackles can't move, the spring doesn't compress and rebound. Might as well weld the axles to the frame!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I just don't see it moving much at all... I understand the idea, but if it moved much at all, it would work harden that plate and tear.
If the axle compresses evenly, it will rotate just like shackles would...no work hardening. If there is body roll or articulation, the plate will need to twist. I assume it's made of a spring steel to deal with the intended motions.

Greg

Admin
If the axle compresses evenly, it will rotate just like shackles would...no work hardening. If there is body roll or articulation, the plate will need to twist. I assume it's made of a spring steel to deal with the intended motions.

Yes, but how often do shackles move together... especially offroad, seems counter productive for a lifted 4x4. I'd be curious how it actually rode.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes, but how often do shackles move together... especially offroad, seems counter productive for a lifted 4x4. I'd be curious how it actually rode.
It's for on-road use, just like most "normal" swaybars. 🙂

SII-SWAYBAR_900x397.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I just don't see it moving much at all... I understand the idea, but if it moved much at all, it would work harden that plate and tear. That steel is 1/4" thick!
Maybe that's why it's a bolt-on? Consumable....

Greg

Admin
It's for on-road use, just like most "normal" swaybars. 🙂

SII-SWAYBAR_900x397.jpg

Interesting... I searched and found nothing.

I figured for offroad use the front axle would be stiff as a board, offering little to no wheel travel and probably spinning the front opened diff on every deviation.