Spotted

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
He had a CJ-based buggy IIRC... that one is a TJ. It does look like a Matt Ballard build though, maybe Casey or BHR had some involvement in the build?

@Vonski ... care to weigh in?
Seth was the CJ5. Beech had/built it to my recollection. I agree that the pictured rig is a TJ. I can't place the build at all

I'm curious what @I Lean or @Vonski would point to on the cage, fenders and suspension. Kind.of generic looking to some of us, but those that built the rigs at the time would know things.

Pretty fancy rig for 2003-2005 era. (Still pretty cool to me)

cjncustoms

I spott d this rig with a U4WDA sticker camping at Buck Island Friday night. Anybody recognize if? That had a trailer with a jet ski on it that they had towed in.

View attachment 175346

This is actually chad schoons old tj. He sold it to a somebody in Cali iirc. It was originally built by Rock logic, then outer limits redid a few things, then BHR did a new cage and a few other things. That cage doesn’t look like the cage that BHR did though… So maybe it’s new one… @Vonski @Greg @cruiseroutfit @anderson750

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
This is actually chad schoons old tj. He sold it to a somebody in Cali iirc. It was originally built by outer limits, then BHR did a new cage and a few other things. That cage doesn’t look like the cage that BHR did though… So maybe it’s new one… @Vonski @Greg @cruiseroutfit @anderson750

Thanks for clearing it up, Calvin! We all knew it looked familiar, just couldn't place exactly who it belonged to. Being sold to a Californian makes sense, as it was spotted on the Rubicon!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The blue Power Wagon belongs to Carl Buckingham from Aspen Colorado. I’ve wheeled with him several times in the Moab area. About the only original Power Wagon components left are the frame and body parts.
That was the fellow who offered help. So many groups just drove right by, but he stopped immediately, asked what was going on, and started rattling off a list of the resources he could provide. That was right about the time we figured out we had the necessary spare bolts so everything was under control, but he's awesome. Hope to run into him on the trail again some day.