Spy Pics - Cycling the suspension

Belly Dragger

Just in case you missed this..... :D

I shot these pictures while the suspension was being cycled to get drive shaft lengths and angles. The front shaft needs a whooping 1/8" of slip!

Approximate ride height.
day-12-23.jpg

STINKBUG!
day-12-10.jpg

day-12-08.jpg

day-12-17.jpg

Say Ahhhhh!
day-12-18.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
sweet!!! that is the most outfitted zoozoo i have ever seen. just keep the rubber side down!!!! an external roll cage would look bad ass on that rig too!!!

Belly Dragger

Thanks man! I totally agree on the cage. The whole thing weighs in around 3600 pounds right now and about 2000 of it is at the axe line. It's been dubbed a "weeble" cause weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Boy I hope that's the case. :D I may actually have trail shots this weekend!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
call me crazy, but i dont see what is holding up your rig to cycle the suspension, are you running hydros on that thing on some funny pneumatic shock??:confused: :confused:

Belly Dragger

Hey Crazy!

There is a forklift holding the body/frame up. ;)

Anyone see OC and Stiggs? Really stupid movie but they had a Edsel (or Studebaker) called the Gila Monster that sat on hydraulics. I was thinking...... :D j/k

Too Far

parts is parts
Dang, it reminds me of the cooper tire commercial with Arnold Palmer. The tires just wont leave the ground! My check book hurts for you though.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
dont listen to skyetone, he is the resident assclown along with myself of course.........skyetone it is ok that we have the non-shinest rigs on the board backed up by greg. it is ok for others to have shiny stuff.............awww who are we kidding, we all know we would take that zoozoo any day of the week!! that thing is badass!! and i get the award for the day of not being able to see the damn forklift so blatently pictured above!!!

Belly Dragger

heh heh, ya I was almost concerned about it for a whole 1/2 a second.

But just to clarify, the shine is called fresh paint. And this round of bodywork and paint makes the 5th time in 4 years.

Assclown lol! I got to remember that one.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
where's a right up on that POS? I see danas, whats the wheelbase? whats the frame? Gonna make a rockbrat really soon.
It'll have a toy frame and chev drivetrain.gonna shrten it up though.... under 100"

Too Far

parts is parts
he has a military D60 up front and a d70 out back. four wheel disks. The stock 3.2 dohc 205 HP motor backed by a r151f and two cases with AA 4 to one in the front and marlins 4.7's in the rear. Dual ARB lockers. I think 5.38 gears. This sucker is slow! 38.5 swampers. Coil overs in the front and I think a highly modified stockish rear setup.
The stock wheel base is around 98", but Michael has bummped it to around 101-102.
He had it built by some crazy ARCA guys shop in NV. I'm sure MW will chime in with the rest of the goodies.

Belly Dragger

Originally posted by Too Far
he has a military D60 up front and a d70 out back. four wheel disks. The stock 3.2 dohc 205 HP motor backed by a r151f and two cases with AA 4 to one in the front and marlins 4.7's in the rear. Dual ARB lockers. I think 5.38 gears. This sucker is slow! 38.5 swampers. Coil overs in the front and I think a highly modified stockish rear setup.
The stock wheel base is around 98", but Michael has bummped it to around 101-102.
He had it built by some crazy ARCA guys shop in NV. I'm sure MW will chime in with the rest of the goodies.
Just about nailed it. The rear is a complete redesign 3-link with a "wye" on top. The Sway-A-Ways are 16 in front and 12 in back. Running triple rate (dual plus keeper/tender coils) springs. The ring and pinions are 5.13 giving me 370:1. Dual ARB's. The frame is all Isuzu. 2x3 box ladder frame. Let's see, Howe racing Toyota IFS steering gear box, Howe TJ high output power steering pump, Howe remote resevoir with filter, Roggy Enterprises High Steer, TSM disk brakes for the 70 with Eldo parking brake. Ron's custom pumpkin catcher masks. Possibly a Taco master as the trow is slightly longer than the Isuzu master. I think that's it. Oops, they are building a custom prerunner/ARCA styled winch mount and nerfs similar to All Pro. The exo-cage will come next.

The company that makes Toyota trannies (Asin/Seiko) also makes Isuzu trannies. Fortunately they elected not to change much from one bell housing to the next so the bolt pattern is identical from a 3.5L Isuzu to the R15x series of trannies. The only customization was running the Taco input shaft because it's longer than the stock R150 input which was too short and machine a little off of it as it was just too long. So virtually a complete bolt up.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
370-1 Wheres my graphic...oh yea at the bottom. I'm 223-1 and thats "silly". Anyways...aren't isuzu's subframed? I need to figure out how to frame up a subframed brat......

Belly Dragger

Originally posted by Skyetone
370-1 Wheres my graphic...oh yea at the bottom. I'm 223-1 and thats "silly". Anyways...aren't isuzu's subframed? I need to figure out how to frame up a subframed brat......
Nope full on boxed ladder frame with body mounts.

There's slow,
silly slow
stupid silly slow
ultra stupid silly slow (Marlins 1047:1 or Unimog's 3000:1)

Too Far

parts is parts
Yep, thank goodness. All isuzu trucks have very stout frames. The one on my trooper is more like 2.5X5" and they use thicker metal than toyota. They make good foundations for 4X4's.

BTW, Skye I have an extra trooper frame. If you are interested in it let me know and your welcome to it. You have to come haul it off though.