Northern Utah Squaw peak nov 10

wjwithawj

thinking about running squaw peak road from springville to provo canyon next week. around 1 o'clock
its not hard wheeling by any means, just kind of a pretty drive

Cascadia

Undecided
I think that would be called hope to hobble, or if you're going that way, hobble to hope. Squaw peak road is in Provo canyon and is paved and goes to a peak and dead ends and you go back down. I know where you're talking though.

TROKITA

I think that would be called hope to hobble, or if you're going that way, hobble to hope. Squaw peak road is in Provo canyon and is paved and goes to a peak and dead ends and you go back down. I know where you're talking though.
you go right its a dead end you go left its behind the mountain :D

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Take plenty of bazookas and flame throwers. That is where big foot was sighted. Do not leave your vehicle. Take extra arms and legs to throw out the window if a chase occurs, that might slow it down.

TROKITA

i don't think Zombie skills and training would work on Sasquatch huh ?????? better take some jack links with you for bait

Israel

Both the atlas I use and google maps show the paved and dirt portions as squaw peak road.

wjwithawj

While I wax up there I saw a trail that is pretty sweet. Hard.
I plan on running both or at least attempting the new one and doing squaw
we should meet at the pull off of hobble creek at 1
Will wait for about 30 min for ppl
Anyone with CB 's?

Cascadia

Undecided
I tried going up yesterday with my wife from the Provo canyon side. The gate was closed. I don't know if it is closed on the Hobble side. I don't know what you were planning on but it'll have to be an out and back.

sixstringsteve

While I wax up there I saw a trail that is pretty sweet. Hard.
I plan on running both or at least attempting the new one and doing squaw
we should meet at the pull off of hobble creek at 1
Will wait for about 30 min for ppl
Anyone with CB 's?

Friendly reminder: always make sure trails are open to motorized travel (car/jeep) before driving on them. Always assume a dirt road is closed unless you have a current map of the area that shows it open. (Google maps doesn't count). Im mostly referring to the "hard" side trail you found. Even if it is well traveled, it may be illegal. Driving on illegal trails gets our few remaining trails closed. Tread lightly and be responsible.

It sounds like it should be a good time. Take lots of pics.

wjwithawj

Was going to go back up tomorrow after work and make sure all is well.

Also found out I work Saturday ... anyone still interested if we move it to Sunday?

wjwithawj

Friendly reminder: always make sure trails are open to motorized travel (car/jeep) before driving on them. Always assume a dirt road is closed unless you have a current map of the area that shows it open. (Google maps doesn't count). Im mostly referring to the "hard" side trail you found. Even if it is well traveled, it may be illegal. Driving on illegal trails gets our few remaining trails closed. Tread lightly and be responsible.

It sounds like it should be a good time. Take lots of pics.

Thank you for the friendly reminder:)
I wasn't sure if it was okay to go on so I backed off and was in a hurry to get home so I didn't check to see if there were any signs or anything.

Ill be sure to update this as soon as a know for sure what the trails are like .

Thanks all

sixstringsteve

One other thing, even if you don't see any "road closed" signs, it's best to assume it's illegal unless you have an up-to-date map stating it's open. Another member on here got a BIG ticket hunting this year because he was on a trail that had no signs. It was well traveled and looked like a viable road, but it ended up being illegal and he got a big fine.

Have fun, ,be safe, and take pics for the rest of us losers who cant' make it. ;) I hope nobody slides off any hills. :eek:

Last edited: