Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
I have nothing technical to add.
I did see this on the freeway the other day.
Figured you'd get a kick out of it.
photobucket-30306-1336680383349.jpg

photobucket-30626-1336680379304.jpg

(notice: my wife was driving)

Wow That is nice to see. Reminds me of our old Tow rig that I built. It was a towing dream, pulled a bed camper, and bumper pulled 18000 lbs with out a problem. We put over 255,000 miles on it, and then I sold it on ebay and made a killing.

DSCF0063.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK Sheet metal updates. Alex and his father are sheet metal super guys, not only do they have the tools for sheet metal, but they also have the talent. I cant take any credit for this fine work.

photo.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Braces for the floor, floor cover to cover the air lines and fittings, and the tubs coming together. Nice work. Next the fenders.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK this was a busy day. Here are some of the things we got done.

THe new Mount for the carrier bearing, Daryl (Alex's dad the sheet metal guru in action working on the passengers side fender. and the new flooring.
DSCF8603.jpgDSCF8604.jpgDSCF8605.jpgDSCF8606.jpgDSCF8608.jpgDSCF8610.jpgDSCF8612.jpgDSCF8613.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
We put the dash back in, filled the fluids, put in the new front brakes, bleed the brakes, hood on and hooked everthing back up.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Every night when we finish it is late and dark. So sorry no pictures.

So We have the roll bars finished, the floor in, the seat mounts, and fuel tank in place. We are having issues with the brakes. We have bleed them all 4-5 times over, and the brakes will pump up but will not hold. The first push on the pedal it goes to the floor, after 3-4 pumps it builds up pressure. All the calipers are moving in when it is pumped up but the next time you hit the pedal it is mushy. Even when you pump it up it is not enough to stop the vehicle. There is no air in the system. Hummmm???? Since we are going to Disk brakes in the back instead of the old drums it may be a priority valve issues, or maybe the master cylinder decieds to go out, but what ever the issue we are a bit befuddled.

Even with the brakes in non working condition we move ahead to Paint. After paint we will again attack the brakes and try and figure out what is wrong.

List of things to do before we head out to Top Truck Challenge in CA, June 9th:

1) FIX BRAKES
2) reinstall seats Seat belts
3)Install final Drive shafts
4)align wheels and adjust track bars, control arms to get all in alignment
5) wire front E-locker and put in switch
6) install compressor and controller unit for the Air bags.
7)Tail pipe ( however it sounds really cool right now)
8)Install rear bumper tire carrier/gas can carrier
9) wire up tail lights
10)install sound bars and wire up to stereo
11)Apply Decals
12) Install paintball Machine gun mount on rear roll bar
13)Test it out.

Things to do after TTC when I have some more time:

1) Fix anything that we broke at TTC.
2)Build linkage to rear transfer case so that I can do front digs
3)Build better front sway bar disconnects
4) Install CB radio and antenna
5)install rock lights
6) finish armor tube work / rear fenders
7) Find Zombies to run over.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
After some research it looks like I will need to go with a 02 Dodge Master Cylinder, it bolts right up to the TJ booster and lines, but will need a longer push rod which should not be too hard to do.

Coco

That thing is soooo sick!! Is the first rear axles going to stay in that place? Curious because it just looks really close to the back.

Is the cage staying too?

You guys do some awesome work Stan! Hope to see it in person sometime!