Start calling and writing

utah340six

yes we need to all call our represenative and say vote no on closing forest service and blm lands.
think the sierra club sent every registered voter a petition form out to call us senate and speaker of the house.
one showed at my door?????????
hay if i join i can get a free rucksack, oh well i dont need one.
so more paper for the fire place.

jason04

http://www.sltrib.com/utahpolitics/ci_13358300

Time to get calling and writing our representatives.

Part of the artical...

"The hearing is clearly the high-water mark for SUWA and Hinchey, but in no way is it an indication that the Red Rock bill is on track to become law anytime soon. None of Utah's five federal lawmakers support the proposal, and even Hinchey has said it is highly improbable that Congress would pass a Utah-centric bill over the objections of all of the state's representatives and senators."

This appears to be good news.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
The U4WDA urges everyone that is interested in off road travel to contact their congressmen and let them know how this kind of legislation needs to be stopped. At this time it looks like we have no problem from our politicians but it never hurts to let your voice be heard and let them know we are out there.

This site has all of Utah's politicians.
http://www.utah.gov/government/contactgov.html

Badbuggy

rock star
The U4WDA urges everyone that is interested in off road travel to contact their congressmen and let them know how this kind of legislation needs to be stopped. At this time it looks like we have no problem from our politicians but it never hurts to let your voice be heard and let them know we are out there.

This site has all of Utah's politicians.
http://www.utah.gov/government/contactgov.html

Agree! One of these days, (if we just sit back), one of these bills will pass and we will sit there wondering what happened.
If you don't use your voice, you have no voice.

ret32

Is my Congressman going to vote on this as well? I'll call him if he is.

Take a look at the list below of members of the Committee on Natural Resources' Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands to whom this bill has been referred.

If your representative is not on this committee, Ask YOUR representative to call the members of this committee. ROB BISHOP is the ranking republican on the subcommittee that this bill has been referred to. If you are in his district, CALL HIM! WRITE HIM! EMAIL HIM! Also, JASON CHAFFETZ is a member of the Committee on Natural Resources as well. If you know people who live in these Representatives' districts, have them call their reps.

Members of the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands

Mr. Raúl M. Grijalva, Arizona, Chairman
Mr. Rob Bishop, Utah, Ranking Republican Member

Dale E. Kildee, Michigan
Neil Abercrombie, Hawaii
Grace F. Napolitano, California
Rush D. Holt, New Jersey
Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Guam
Dan Boren, Oklahoma
Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
Peter A. DeFazio, Oregon
Maurice D. Hinchey, New York
Donna M. Christensen, Virgin Islands
Diana DeGette, Colorado
Ron Kind, Wisconsin
Lois Capps, California
Jay Inslee, Washington
Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, South Dakota
John P. Sarbanes, Maryland
Carol Shea-Porter, New Hampshire
Niki Tsongas, Massachusetts
Pedro R. Pierluisi, Puerto Rico
Nick J. Rahall, II, West Virginia (ex officio)
Don Young, Alaska
Elton Gallegly, California
John J. Duncan, Jr., Tennessee
Jeff Flake, Arizona
Henry E. Brown, Jr., South Carolina
Louie Gohmert, Texas
Bill Shuster, Pennsylvania
Robert J. Wittman, Virginia
Paul C. Broun, Georgia
Mike Coffman, Colorado
Cynthia M. Lummis, Wyoming
Tom McClintock, California
Doc Hastings, Washington (ex officio)

House Committee on Natural Resources:

MR. NICK J. RAHALL, II, West Virginia, Chairman
MR. DOC HASTINGS, Washington, Ranking Republican Member
Dale E. Kildee, Michigan
Eni F.H. Faleomavaega, American Samoa
Neil Abercrombie, Hawaii
Frank Pallone, Jr., New Jersey
Grace F. Napolitano, California
Rush D. Holt, New Jersey
Raúl M. Grijalva, Arizona
Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Guam
Jim Costa, California
Dan Boren, Oklahoma
Gregorio "Kilili" Sablan, Mariana Islands
Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
George Miller, California
Edward J. Markey, Massachusetts
Peter A. DeFazio, Oregon
Maurice D. Hinchey, New York
Donna M. Christensen, Virgin Islands
Diana DeGette, Colorado
Ron Kind, Wisconsin
Lois Capps, California
Jay Inslee, Washington
Joe Baca, California
Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, South Dakota
John P. Sarbanes, Maryland
Carol Shea-Porter, New Hampshire
Niki Tsongas, Massachusetts
Frank Kratovil, Jr., Maryland
Pedro R. Pierluisi, Puerto Rico
Don Young, Alaska
Elton Gallegly, California
John J. Duncan, Jr., Tennessee
Jeff Flake, Arizona
Henry E. Brown, Jr., South Carolina
Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Washington
Louie Gohmert, Texas
Rob Bishop, Utah
Bill Shuster, Pennsylvania
Doug Lamborn, Colorado
Adrian Smith, Nebraska
Robert J. Wittman, Virginia
Paul C. Broun, Georgia
John Fleming, Louisiana
Mike Coffman, Colorado
Jason Chaffetz, Utah
Cynthia M. Lummis, Wyoming
Tom McClintock, California
Bill Cassidy, Louisiana

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've written dont know how much good it will do being from CO or only running a smaller event out there. But hey every voice can perk an ear somewhere.

It's actually really good because this is on a federal level. Everybody from out of state should be writing their representatives. Thanks!!

Corban_White

The majority of people who comment on sltrib are usually the loud & ignorant minority.

As are most people who comment on any news site. This, however, is supposedly a Dan Jones poll which says that 60% of utahns are in favor of "protecting" those areas as wilderness.

bobmed

- - - -
The ignorant part is that most people think anywhere out of a city is wilderness. They don't know what "designated wilderness" really means.

ret32

I'm not worried about my representative, but I wrote anyway. This is important!!!
Even if your rep is on "our side," it's still important for them to know how much public opposition there is.

Do you want a larger voice? I got this link from USA-ALL. It allows you to send a form letter to every member of the subcommittee all at once!!

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102724142065&s=165933&e=001oMOVlaw3bufhn7KnBnlrCCN50j_NfFpcoZ9aINLLQHyRxu5TK-InOxHVMwt23uXyWxvXXmJUxrbIcN_uKt7yE1rxr4Z3IYXYCmNfnR0GRCbMCsgSNRjO_taDa654rISPZkKJVUIkXzHGOO0JUg-SMMIQ91DYQqV-A9IBucvgTsvPXvai_shvid4UKBNY8s4wRgnKBVvlY6Z1yz1M0Gfrpwb17jh3BpnSiMBIQCifqt8liB6OXDF7tNDT3DAKbEYN9z2vrhMjbtQyCDYHp8NCOvbk-H_6sUmYlVYeL_58DGQ=

Last edited:

ret32

Unfortunately, it looks like the public isn't:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8096970

:-\:(:mad:

As are most people who comment on any news site. This, however, is supposedly a Dan Jones poll which says that 60% of utahns are in favor of "protecting" those areas as wilderness.

The ignorant part is that most people think anywhere out of a city is wilderness. They don't know what "designated wilderness" really means.

Here's a link from SUWA's website to the actual poll questions and responses.

First of all, the poll questions don't even mention America's Red Rock Wilderness Bill. It just asks about how many acres you think should be designated as wilderness. Even then, the numbers don't add up quite right. The reported numbers are not very well portrayed by the KSL article or by SUWA.

The poll is misleading. The reporting is misleading. Nevertheless, we all have a long way to go as far as educating our friends, family, and neighbors (and each other here on the site for that matter) about what this bill REALLY means.

It's up to YOU to educate the people you know!