Topic of Discussion Starting a Business, Specifically an LLC Questions

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I am reaching into the bucket of wisdom and knowledge that is all you old farts and need help with starting a small business. I'm starting to do more side welding jobs and now that I have my CWI I've been getting offered freelance Inspection opportunities that I'm not willing to get into till I have the proper Liabilities and Insurances in place.

Mostly what is the easiest way to go about it, what things do I need, what to watch out for, Etc.? This is in Utah by the way.

I don't plan for this to be my main gig for the near future, and I'm not putting any major investments into it to start as I already have a major portion of what I need to do it. Just looking to do a side gig that may possibly turn into something more later on, but is still big enough that under the table doesn't quite work anymore.

Thank you in advance.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

It's pretty darn easy to set up.

The tricky thing is that the business protections all go away if you share a bank account or transactions with your personal self. If a suing parting can prove that you and the LLC are the same people, then they can sue you for your assets, not just the business.

Just about any insurance agent can hook you up with insurance.