Stuck Truck - Bountiful Peak, Utah

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Everything I know:

"I am looking for help or advice on how to retrieve a 4-wheel drive vehicle that my son has stuck behind Bountiful peak. It is down a road that leads to hardscrabble canyon, the road is very rough and narrow for a bout ¾ mile up to where a normal 4-wheel drive vehicle can go. I do not have the off road experience to negotiate the trail and it my need to be cabled to another vehicle in spots. The truck is a 1987 Bronco II and is drivable. If you can offer help or know of some one that is willing to do this it would be much appreciated. I of course would pay a fair price for this service. The approximate coordinates on Google earth are 40°52'49.92"N, 111°45'27.07"W

Sincerely

Lou Barrett

801-503-4014

c-lbarrett@msn.com"

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm in for a rescue in the morning. I don't have an afternoon/evening free for another week. I don't know the area at all and don't have a winch, so it'd be best if I wasn't the only truck up there.

I do have a spiffy cool rebar winch anchor if anybody wants to borrow it. :)

Kevin B.

How far in is it? I'd like to be home by 1500 at the latest.

nm, I see the GPS now. That looks doable, if we left shortly.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

'Tis handled. He was trapped at the bottom of about seventy five yards of gnarly off-camber rocky hill climb. Stratton aired him down and walked him up - he was a sketched out kid, but he made it with no more dents.

I liked the weather a lot better up there, somebody else go get stuck.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
So earlier I drove up there in my truck just to look across the valley and the same kid was up there trying to show off for some chick, hope doesn't roll it.