suggestions for (free?) video editing software

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Let's say I recorded a few cell phone videos and downloaded them to my PC. I'd like to edit some of them by snipping out parts I don't want/need, then string the remainders together into one longer video. The fanciest thing I might want to do is overlay the resulting video with a few words of text here or there, but that's about it. In other words, probably all I need is the most basic video editor out there.

What sort of software have any of you used? Are there any decent no-cost options? Since I figure I don't need anything high end, I'm hoping there is a freeware option that suits my needs... but I thought I would ask for your experience before I go on a blind hunt.

Any suggestions?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If you have a mac i've been using iMovie for my drone vids. Took some playing around but once I figured stuff out it was pretty easy to use and free.

DAA

^^^^^ What they said. Depending on PC or Mac.

The Windows one is kind of hidden, forget which app it actually hides in, Photos maybe? But it's still there.

I've been starting to learn/use Davinci Resolve lately. It's free and very powerful. Not real easy to use in my opinion, but will hopefully be worth the learning curve.

- DAA