SUWA propaganda on YouTube

daveshan

Feeding the Money Pit
SUWA has posted a video on YouTube, link here ranting about the oil/gas and OHV impact on dust storms melting our Colorado snow. Guess there was never any dust storms 'till we got involved.

Cheers
Dave

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
and now they are moderating comments. None of mine are getting through. Keep sending them anyways. :rolleyes:

lhracing

They make a comment of there being 20,000 miles of roads in 6 BLM resource management areas in Utah. They attack the Moab resource management area as the cause of the dust storms but they state the total miles of roads in 6 resource areas, this is VERY misleading.

My question is how many miles of “Dirt” roads are the in the 1.8 million acres of the Moab resource management area? If we knew this we could calculate the percentage of the total area that is dirt roads which I am sure is very small.

They also attack Mining and Oil which they say 80% is open to exploration. Of the 1.4 million acres of land this represents in the Moab resource area there cannot be much more than a couple of hundred acres that are actually used/disturbed or about .0014%

If anyone has access to the data of Miles of “Dirt” roads and the total acreage actually used by oil and mining in the Moab area I would be interested to know this. With the actual facts we could post a rebuttal to this misleading information they are putting out there.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I was thinking about posting a rebuttle video as well.. Would certainly need to be to the point, and factual.. Unlike their video!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Just noticed that I got called out personally... I, "have no respect for the natural beauty of southern Utah."

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Yep. I caused it all.. In fact, I have a dust blowing machine.. It digs 4"s into the soil and blows it through a high powered fan..

bobmed

- - - -
"We're doing here a so-called bulk sample of snow with dust in it," Landry said. "This is the dust that fell last night while you were driving in."
Particles from this square of snow will be tested back in the lab so that Painter can find out where they came from -- Mongolia, the Mojave desert, or Monument Valley, Ariz., on the Colorado Plateau.

How far from the road was the sample taken?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ I was just reading that part as well...

That article isn't as great as I thought..

Last edited: