SUWA propaganda on YouTube

daveshan

Feeding the Money Pit
I just tried to post about how NONE of Utah's representatives and only half of Colorado's (sorry about that) support the bill. I've been BLOCKED!! so much for the American right of free speech. And I was even half way nice.:rofl:

EDIT: you guys may have seen this but a list of co-sponsors of the bill is HERE on SUWA's site

Last edited:

Moxie

I just tried to post about how NONE of Utah's representatives and only half of Colorado's (sorry about that) support the bill. I've been BLOCKED!! so much for the American right of free speech. And I was even half way nice.:rofl:

EDIT: you guys may have seen this but a list of co-sponsors of the bill is HERE on SUWA's site

Here you go. I'm not banned there yet so I posted this comment (copied here in case it gets deleted from the video):

It's noteworthy that the Red Rock Widerness Act is sponsored by politicians from NY and IL and there are no cosponsors from UT. If this is such a good idea, why wouldn't it have support from the UT delegation?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Wow, I can not believe this. Wait, yes I can.

Sadly, I'm sure the amount of enviromentalist that use the internet and watch worthless, false videos on Youtube is a lot higher than the amount of those that are actually out there enjoying the wilderness and volunteering to to help maintain our public lands.

This is my response,
"As OHV user, this is one of the worst arguments for wilderness I have ever heard.

I have a question, instead of making false videos promoting a bill that is not sponsored by anyone from Ut. Why doesn't groups like SUWA and the Sierra Club focus their efforts on service projects and promoting TRUTHFUL education about off road recreation. How many service projects have they hosted? How many hours of community service has the U4WDA logged? Work is more proactive than talk."

daveshan

Feeding the Money Pit
Here you go. I'm not banned there yet so I posted this comment (copied here in case it gets deleted from the video):

It's noteworthy that the Red Rock Widerness Act is sponsored by politicians from NY and IL and there are no cosponsors from UT. If this is such a good idea, why wouldn't it have support from the UT delegation?

Thanks Moxie and CrawlinBear, that's the message I wanted to post, sorry you've probably used up your ability to post in that thread.

I also took the time to contact the rep's listed in this thread (post #2) and pretty much told them that while I couldn't vote for them I really appreciated their opposition to this bill and would continue to come over and spend my $$ as long as there was a good selection of trails.
Cheers
Dave

Moxie

Glad to help. It looks like my comments are still posted there. As to contacting my senators and representatives, I have written to express my hopes that they do NOT support these wilderness bills only to get their form letter replies pledging to do just the opposite!