SUWA Website

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Alright.

I hereby nominate myself to make the U4 forum's meeting info accessible to those who want it. It's openly discussed at every monthly meeting that no one can seem to attend, but let's spoonfeed everyone. I'm all for it. By any means necessary.

Give me a week.

Once you all see how little of everything U4 is working with, maybe that'll inspire some of the fencesitters. But I seriously, seriously doubt it. And for those requesting this information, are you prepared to offer meaningful suggestions? I wonder about that as well.

The bottom line is: MORE PEOPLE NEED TO FIGHT TO KEEP PUBLIC LANDS PUBLIC, period, no matter what group they do or do not belong to. The numbers are pathetic, from all land-use groups combined.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I guess I need to be spoonfed:rolleyes:

From those of us not living within an hour of SLC, thank you Tacoma.

:D I don't mind, Curt. You're more in tune with land use than the soapbox sitters that generally ask for this information. :D Same with you Brett. ;)

I've been in favor of it for a while. I'm not so sure it's the wisest thing in the world, but I'm willing to let the chips fall. The truth is what is, and if SUWA or anyone else wants to snipe that info and use it, then super. Preferably, I'd have all this emailed to members of U4, but I'm all for the open availability of information about volunteer groups etc etc.

Brett, I'm curious: exactly why should ANY group volunteer every bit of information to everyone??? I'm not arguing for or against here, just curious. What is the motivation to see this stuff?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Curt can't come to the meetings. I would say that really, anyone outside of an hour's radius, and that's pushing it, can't really attend.

Stay tuned, minutes to follow. In the $#@%$# U4 forum, not here. ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
No need, Curt.

I'm serious about getting this fixed once and for all. I'm damn tired of people using THIS as an excuse not to join... U4 or any other group. (and I'm not talking about YOU, Curt-- I thank you for your support over the years. :))

Minutes are up in the U4 Corner on this website.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Yup, I'm gonna drive 5 hours one way to come to the meeting for 30 minutes of info and an hour and a half of bitching. Damn Jack it's a state association, not an SLC association.

I live 300 miles away and I make practically every meeting. So does Jeff Stevens from Moab.

Conference call, gotta love it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I live 300 miles away and I make practically every meeting. So does Jeff Stevens from Moab.

Conference call, gotta love it.

heh, I wonder what the limit for callers is LOL

I should say publicly that I am not aware of any meeting that Don has not been "present" for.

I understand, I'm not here to *****, but would just like to stay informed, that's all.

People like you are why I am in favor of publicly posting the minutes. :D

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
:D I don't mind, Curt. You're more in tune with land use than the soapbox sitters that generally ask for this information. :D Same with you Brett. ;)

I've been in favor of it for a while. I'm not so sure it's the wisest thing in the world, but I'm willing to let the chips fall. The truth is what is, and if SUWA or anyone else wants to snipe that info and use it, then super. Preferably, I'd have all this emailed to members of U4, but I'm all for the open availability of information about volunteer groups etc etc.

Brett, I'm curious: exactly why should ANY group volunteer every bit of information to everyone??? I'm not arguing for or against here, just curious. What is the motivation to see this stuff?

Does all of the information need to be public.. heck no.. how about what U4 is actually doing (other than trail rides and riding the coat tails of another orgz rally or what say you - or is that what U4 is just there to support other land use groups.. if so fine but I will just feed my $ directly to the org that is doing it instead of it going towards trail rides).. and don't say I would never join again I just want to join something that isn't in the midst of crumbling

zukijames

sounds to me like u4 is doing the best they can with what they got .. and i wouldnt mind supporting that .. wont be able to come to meetings.. unless i go over to jeffs lol but i wouldnt mind knowing i did a little to help! how much is it and how do i join :)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
sounds to me like u4 is doing the best they can with what they got .. and i wouldnt mind supporting that .. wont be able to come to meetings.. unless i go over to jeffs lol but i wouldnt mind knowing i did a little to help! how much is it and how do i join :)

ah, hope!!! Go to www.u4wda.org, follow the links. :D I am personally thankful for your decision. ;) And go to Jeff's. Feel free to chime in. Seriously.

Brett

Meat-Hippy

It was more the fact that people don't see any action or are informed of what U4 is working, members or not. Every little detail definitely isn't needed, but a general idea of what's going on, future ideas, it helps people to see that U4 is still working for them and that members aren't just feeling like they donated their money for nothing.

If that makes sense.

EDIT: Just browsed the U4 section on here.....what happened to Summer Convention?

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
1st step Tacoma, U4 needs to decide what it is. Is it a social group that plans rides and encourages participation in the events of others or is it an action group. Solve that and you will see what emerges.

U4 is/has spent 95% of their resources (time and money) just maintaining the status quo with 5% spent on actually making a change. Those numbers need to be flipped and some of the most cost effective ways to promote education, stewardship and therefore protect public lands are the cheapest yet most time consuming. It took me several years but I eventually realized that the 'whole' had a different goal than 'me', I digress... we've had this conversation too many times.

Re: 501c3. We started working on that in 2003, glad to see its moving forward :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Does all of the information need to be public.. heck no.. how about what U4 is actually doing (other than trail rides and riding the coat tails of another orgz rally or what say you - or is that what U4 is just there to support other land use groups.. if so fine but I will just feed my $ directly to the org that is doing it instead of it going towards trail rides).. and don't say I would never join again I just want to join something that isn't in the midst of crumbling

I agree. This is info that should be readily available on our site after every meeting. I'll take that blame and try to be more proactive about getting info up. Problem is (just like everybody else) I currently have limited time to do so.

I'm willing to try harder though.