swap laws

just got off the phone with davis county they told me it i could only put an engine in that wa offered by the factory...... anyone know someone in davis county area that would pass me?

troutbum

cubi-kill
how many of the emissions guys are going to know?, if you were putting in a ramjet or a merlin race block maybe, but I doubt it would be an issue.

Not condoning illegal behavior :D just saying I doubt it would ever come up as long as you run clean. ;)

utahxjer

troutbum said:
how many of the emissions guys are going to know?, if you were putting in a ramjet or a merlin race block maybe, but I doubt it would be an issue.

Not condoning illegal behavior :D just saying I doubt it would ever come up as long as you run clean. ;)
exactly, like I said I had my inspections yesterday. And they didn't even pop the hood.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
utahxjer said:
exactly, like I said I had my inspections yesterday. And they didn't even pop the hood.
They dont have to visually inspect anything older than 83, but they must visually inspect newer ones. Most inspectors do know the difference between a V8 and a inline 6. The county has them running scared right now and they are very carefull not to put their licences at risk.

utahxjer

bobdog said:
They dont have to visually inspect anything older than 83, but they must visually inspect newer ones. Most inspectors do know the difference between a V8 and a inline 6. The county has them running scared right now and they are very carefull not to put their licences at risk.
that explains it, thanks!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
bobdog said:
Right. there were a few shops who didn't even want Steve's Jeep in the door until he got it certified.

i just had a great idea!!! ill just swap a v8 in when i pass emissions with the 4.2. :D what would they know would they know!!! mauahahahahhaa......cough cough....woohoo 2nd wind! muahahahahahah! :rofl:

Caleb

NuCKinG FuTS said:
i just had a great idea!!! ill just swap a v8 in when i pass emissions with the 4.2. :D what would they know would they know!!! mauahahahahhaa......cough cough....woohoo 2nd wind! muahahahahahah! :rofl:

then you are good for a year till you have to get it done again...