tagging

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
I know a lot of you folks don't live in the most desirable neighborhoods so I wanted to ask if there is anyone that recognizes this tag....

Attachments

• DSCN1244.jpg
    DSCN1244.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 19

muleskinner

I believe Bears are responsible for that marking. I would paint over it today, and put one of these in the ground tonight. Did I mention how much I HATE taggers?;)

bearTRAP.gif

Caleb

well, norte is north in spanish so it's likely a hispanic gang. (I know, big stretch there :)) Have you called the local gang unit, they could probably tell you right off all you would want to know about it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The Nortenos are one of the Ogden gangs.. there are Norteno chapters all over the West, spreading out of CA.. So, I would guess that's some douchebag Norteno marking "his" turf. I don't know what the rest of it means.
I went to an FBI seminar on gangs and domestic terrorists a few years ago (yes, that was pretty nerve-wracking for me LOL ) and the Nortenos and MS13 are a couple of the groups they have eyes on out here.

edit: here's a little blurb on them: http://idahogangs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=19&Itemid=247

Caleb

:confused: I've never seen that ever associated with any kind of Latino/Hispanic background. I cross my sevens and I have zero influence, nor have I ever, from any kind of Spanish background. Where did you hear that?

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Well, no it is not "inside" my office. It is across the street in my neighborhood. we live between 25th and 26th street which is north of 27th. I knew "Norte" is north and there is a gang component called the Norteño or Nortenos. We haven't seen this or any type of tagging on our street in the past, so I thought I would throw it out to RME.

Members of the Norteño gang - which uses "Norte" as an identifier - wear red. Not sure about the 27 though....

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
The Nortenos are one of the Ogden gangs.. there are Norteno chapters all over the West, spreading out of CA.. So, I would guess that's some douchebag Norteno marking "his" turf. I don't know what the rest of it means.
I went to an FBI seminar on gangs and domestic terrorists a few years ago (yes, that was pretty nerve-wracking for me LOL ) and the Nortenos and MS13 are a couple of the groups they have eyes on out here.

edit: here's a little blurb on them: http://idahogangs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=19&Itemid=247

I knew Tacoma would chime in. He's trying to direct attention away from his ninja gang!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I cross my sevens as well but I got it from the military when I was in the communications unit....

I also cross my Z's as well... and put a slash threw my 0 too...

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
A "tag" recently showed up on my wife's office (in the Orem hood). The local PD came out that day, took some pictures of it, and sent someone out that cleaned and painted over it a few days after that....

I also cross z's and 7's- Picked it up from ze germans