Teen crashes SUV after passenger sets his armpit hair on fire

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/09/17/hair-fire-crash/15794857/

1410990378000-Teens-injured-in-crash-1---Ada-Co-Sheriff-s-Office.jpg

Armpit hair fire causes crash that injures teens

BOISE -- A teenager crashed his SUV Sunday morning after a passenger used a lighter to set his armpit hair on fire, according to the Ada County Sheriff's Office.

The crash happened at 5:30 a.m. on Columbia Road between Meridian and Linder roads. Eighteen-year-old Tristan Myers was driving when his front-seat passenger, a 16-year-old boy, set Myers' armpit hair on fire. The driver lost control of the Ford Bronco, rolling the vehicle.

Two girls in the backseat, ages 15 and 16, were thrown from the vehicle. Myers, his front-seat passenger, and a 17-year-old boy remained in the vehicle. None of the teens were wearing seatbelts, deputies say.

Three of the teenagers were taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Myers first said he had swerved to avoid an animal in the road, but the truth emerged after deputies talked to all the teens.

Myers, who deputies say was speeding and driving erratically before the crash, was cited for inattentive driving. The lighter-wielding passenger was ticketed for interfering with the driver's safe operation of a vehicle.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I saw that was in Boise, and I was not surprised. Idaho's rednecks are a very special kind of redneck.

Really!? The youth of today seriously concern me...

Don't tell me you've never looked over at the driver of the car you're in and thought about lighting them on fire. I know you have. Everybody has.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Jeff Foxworthy could take this on the road. "If you're riding in a truck and look over at the driver and think he needs to be on fire right that second..."

54454021.jpg

DAA

Supporting Member
What the heck is wrong with kids today? Nobody had an open beer handy to put out the fire with?

I actually did have to put a buddy out with a beer while he was driving once... He set himself on fire though. Cherry off his smoke fell in his lap and ignited his shorts. Freeway. Cop right alongside. Getting pulled over would have been bad, bad, bad. Buddy started freaking, I just calmly poured my beer out in his lap. He said if felt really, really good. Gawd, we were idiots... ...

- DAA

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
How does one get in a position to have their armpit hair exposed in such a way that makes it readily available for another to light it on fire?

Guy with no shirt on with his arm around the guy with the lighter?

McFate

I'm thankful that there wasn't social media around for all the dumb stuff we did. My God, we would've been felons!

Exactly this. If anyone in my group had easy access to something like a camera phone… I count my blessings I grew up in the days before YouTube.

DAA

Supporting Member
How does one get in a position to have their armpit hair exposed in such a way that makes it readily available for another to light it on fire?

Guy with no shirt on with his arm around the guy with the lighter?

I can totally see it. Some guys have some seriously bushy thatch going on under their arms. I know guys that while driving with bare pits, have pit thatch sticking out the side by several inches. I can totally see it looking like something to set fire to.

- DAA

DAA

Supporting Member
Heck, now that I think about it, I wish I'd have thought of it sooner. I have a fishing buddy that's gonna get his pit hair lit for sure now :rofl:. Not while he's driving though, of course.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Heck, now that I think about it, I wish I'd have thought of it sooner. I have a fishing buddy that's gonna get his pit hair lit for sure now :rofl:. Not while he's driving though, of course.

- DAA

Don't do it Dave... think of the combined smell :eek:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I laughed really hard at this. I am a bad person.

It's okay. Think of all the company you'll have in Hell!

Don't tell me you've never looked over at the driver of the car you're in and thought about lighting them on fire. I know you have. Everybody has.

:rofl:

I wish I'd have thought of it sooner. I have a fishing buddy that's gonna get his pit hair lit for sure now

Please tell your fishing buddy that I am sorry for giving you this idea.