The best Cherokee lift?

jlowry

Badcop said:
Ill play devils ad, some will say go bigger, some say stay as small as you can, theres a reason comp buggies have no tire coverage! Its for the center of grav. They get the ground clearance from tire size without the tip over angle. The xj is a very worthy DD, trail rig IMO, but you have to give where you try to take. I would suggest if you want to go big, than try to get a 12" rim with a less than 3" BS and maybe, just maybe, add some weight, tire carrier, winch, bumpers, etc. Stick to as large a tire as you can while trying to go a 13.5" width. I pmed you back, feel free to come over any time this weekend. I do also have some spare lift parts you can probably talk me out of.

Since this only sounds like your first trail rig? I can get you going with a 33" tire pretty suitibly with minimal cash out of pocket.

I totaly agree its all about center of gravity and thats what I want more than height I want to run a 36x14.50 without rubbing, on as least lift as possible. Its not my first trail rig, just my first BIG xj project. I really appreciate everyones feedback, it makes me feel like i'm making the right decsion with the 6.5" rockkrawler and doing some cutting. A nice happy medium

Ken

Your gonna want to gusset up that upper control arm mount on the driver's side long arm really good or you may find yourself under your rig one night while you're on a first date with a fine ass chick, trying to smooth things over with her while you disconnect your front driveline so that you can take her back home late. We'll just say that this happened to this friend of mine.