The Car conundrum, what to buy.

XJEEPER

Is it wierd that I have always kinda wanted one of these?

View attachment 166717

A future dream car of mine will always be a 94-96 Impala SS

View attachment 166718
Stan Pruitt's AWD Magnum with a twist......
346449818_591589202935883_8488632213842485844_n.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That Ford looks pretty cool, but if you want a sleeper pickup that makes similar/more power for even less, just go buy a Chev/GMC truck with a GenIII V8 and install a hair dryer (or two) underhood. You can decide how much wheel horsepower you want to make--700? 800? 1200??? It's up to you. If you're on an extreme budget, just look up Matt Happel and do it the Sloppy way.

(This is an itch I still need to scratch.)
I have been casually looking for an ext cab S10 for this purpose. A square body ranger with a new 5.0 would be cool too.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
To slightly highjack, anyone have any man-well JL experience. Or is that dumb and get the 8 speed

Dumb and get the 8 speed.... IMO. These new modern transmissions are so efficient, there's very little reason to get a manual anymore. With the gear spread of the 8 speed, you'll find the Jeep drives so much better compared to older vehicles with more lame transmissions.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I have been casually looking for an ext cab S10 for this purpose.

For a few years, Matt Happel has used a bare bones 'work spec' reg cab shortbed Colorado as his 'test bed' for a variety of engines. That short wheelbase has got to be scary with that much power underhood. Indeed, one of my favorite videos he ever posted was a compilation of a few burnouts in the truck--at the time, it was tuned to only 700 hp at the wheels.

Seeing him on the highway rolling at ~ 65 MPH, then flooring it and starting to paint two stripes on the concrete is just... insane.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Thanks for the kind words. Glad we were able to help you out again. Enjoy!
I may just be getting old, but I feel like good customer service is getting harder to find so I value it more and I like to point other people to places providing it. Sorry we rushed in on your day off so we didn't get to talk. Rich and I did go over your interesting car collection and he promised to prod you about finishing the 5.0 Miata so I feel it was a win.

How did this thread go from you looking for a solution to your car needs, to getting a newer version of your already new car for your wife??
Happy wife, happy life. If the happy wife solution add's 100HP to the current stable, it's an easy sell to me. Why do you think I ending up putting 2k hours of work into putting a Chevy engine into the Jeep I hate? Dividends my friend, dividends.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

DAA