The dusty half dozen +1 vs. Mineral Basin/Mary Ellen Gulch

DerekM

formerly dirk124
Hell I was up there the same day even early then your group. On the way down we pass a group sitting in front of Forest Lake trail reading the posted letter stating it's closed. As we drive by we stop and tell them it's still closed. They return with a "really?", did you not just read the sign on the frigin post? Not to mention the large boulders across both sides of the river. Does it really take a second thought just driving by and seeing the rocks across the path to think it's still closed?

I'm sure the "really?" had a sarcastic tone to it. I was there with 2 other TJ's reading the sign to get the specifics, and also trying to explain to a Hispanic family on 4 wheelers why they should not go on the trail. A lot of people drove past and let us know it was closed, as if it wasn't obvious enough. Don't be so quick to judge..

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Well I'm to used to people who just don't care. Sorry but it happens all to often. Did you look across the river and notice how many tracks there were of people going around the boulders? For most it would seem to hard to read or be informed. Glad to hear you were actually helping by telling others that trails are closed....pat yourself on the back.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I had forgotten about not driving through the snow. :( So, I deleted the photos. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone. Consider me chastened, I will try to be more mindful. As for the other transgressions, I claim ignorance and now I know better. I will try to make amends. I usually carry a grain sack with me to pick up trash when I stop but didn't have one this time. I used to attach it to the spare tire and empty it into a bin on the way out. The trails were pretty clean, but here and there could stand some cleaning up. I did pick up a plastic sack with one piece of fire wood. :)
Honestly, I will work on being a better steward.
Lets try to keep the tone educational, rather than hostile, okay?