The H'ell Camino

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This is going to be interesting... picked up a '66 El Camino this weekend.

It looks like it was restored around 20+ yrs ago, the current owner said there was a 'Power Tour 2002' sticker in the rear window.

The paint is a beautiful pearl White, but the body has a decent amount of rust on the rear quarter panels. It has a 350 engine with some aftermarket goodies, aluminum intake, Accell dizzy, Edelbrock carb (yuck), headers, dual exhaust, etc. It runs pretty strong, the engine has a bit of a lope and I think it has a gear drive.... it has that 'whine' to it. The TH350 shifts pretty well, not hard, but quickly. There's a B&M shifter inside. Speaking of the interior, it's Red and looks pretty decent. The dash is cracked, but otherwise it looks nice inside. At one point, somebody put a lot of money and time into this car.

The plan for now is to get good tires (updated wheels too), get the brakes to 100% and drive it. What I would LOVE to do is add 4 wheel disc brakes, nice springs, shocks, big anti-sway bars and possibly lower it, then (eventually) drop in a GM 6.0 and 4L80E. I'd like to build the 6.0 to make 450/500 HP and set up the car for carving canyons and road tracks. Something that handles well when pushed into corners. ;)

At this point, it's not in my possession... I put some money down on it, but need to pay for it in full on Monday... so theses are the only pics I have at the moment.

20180428_153550-L.jpg

20180428_153528-L.jpg