The New Guys XJ Lift (Continued)

Sarge!

1987 Wagoneer Limited
So the wobble is now fixed. I got the trackbar relocation bracket from Sevens. It moved the wobble to a different area, more dissapointment! So then I replaced the trackbar with a $30 Autozone OEM one...that drastically improved it but I could still force it into DW if I wanted. Then I replaced the Steering Stabilizer with a $30 Autozone OEM one...now I can't even force it. I still have some RC Lower Control Arms coming int he mail I will put on because the original arms and bushings are toast, but that is just continued improvement at this point.

So ends a month of changing bushings, shocks, parts, banging my head. At least I got the Teraflex XJ front shocks for $35 a peice.

I will never change it from the 3.5F/4B lift it now has...I would rather buy a new one than drive around town under 35MPH for a month again.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
haha dw is funny when it happens to other people, it's like welcome to the club you are officially jumped in... don't leaf springs sound great to you now? i am going to do it (again)

Sarge!

1987 Wagoneer Limited
The funnest part is the many hours it takes to remove original bolts and tapers from a 22 year old rig! My wife even started laughing as I would walk around cursing about it taking two hours to remove one bolt.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
as far as any jeep bolts go it is hit or miss. ie we broke practically every bolt on my friends 95 xj and the bolts on my 93 all came out like a charm, i was pleasantly suprised. just be glad you don't have a yj with the famous leafspring bushing sleeve that rust-welds itself :D