The NEXT dirt bike?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Weigh your bike now wet.
Mass centralization with the lay back cylinder. It just feels light.
Mine is pretty light. Lots of aftermarket AL skids, hand guards, kick stand and big desert tank totally full it's only 243. That's a gallon more fuel that stock.

Keep in mind it's super easy to add lights to any FI bike because the stator makes enough power to run a fuel pump.

Go nuts get a new FI 390 or 430 Beta RR

Caleb

the overspeed feel and noise made it feel like I was pushing it too hard, if that makes sense?

I think that's my problem with the 2T too. I'm used to riding 4T bikes and tend to ride the 2T in too low of an RPM (which was generally ok on the 300). I know that 300 would do 90+, but I too always felt like I was wringing it's neck if I was much over 60. I'm 100% sure it was all mental, but I feel more at home on a 4T.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Reading the specs on that one, they claim it has a dry weight of 240 pounds. My current 250 claims 223 pounds dry... that's not too bad for the 450.

Left side kick would be odd... I'd assume it has electric start?

Bergs have always been some of the lightest 4T's out there. Their newer bikes are probably pretty comparable to the competition but in the 90's and early 2000's nothing came close weight wise or power wise for that matter.

I've always said the best bikes have left kicks.. I'm a south paw so I'm bias :D Well in my old age I should say I LOVE easy buttons but the left kick is a nice backup haha. Some Bergs have e-start some kick only it depends on model. Newer Bergs more likely to have e-start and EFI. A newer 390 would rock I've heard nothing but good about them.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I don't know what you guys are complaining about speed wise in the 2 strokes. I can hold a steady 40mph all day long! :(
The low top speed is seriously a killer. I am dying for a 6 speed trans.
In truth if I were looking for a bike that would see much road use at all (more than to and from trails) I would be on a 4t.
I am very much a 2t lugger also.. But it is a ton of fun to have the power snap when wanted.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
In truth if I were looking for a bike that would see much road use at all (more than to and from trails) I would be on a 4t.
I am very much a 2t lugger also.. But it is a ton of fun to have the power snap when wanted.

I hear ya that's the only reason I went 4T. Not that I don't like 4T's I love my ATK 605, but for technical riding I'll take the 2T hands down. I guess it depends on the bike though. I took a bone stock RM250 through five miles of hell... wow that sucked so bad it's not even funny :ugh: :rofl: On the other hand my ATK260 had long legs with a wide 6 speed trans and the ability to lug down to nothing. It took all the work out of it I miss that bike a LOT. Good times.

rholbrook

When I was looking for a KTM300 I wanted the XC for the higher 1st. I figured a Rekluse would take care of needing a lower 1st that the XCW had. A 2T is not always fun at higher speeds because of the vibrations and they sound like they are going to explode. I specifically wanted the 6th gear so I needed a 2011+. If I was spending more time on the asphualt or riding at higher speeds, I would have gotten a 4T but most of my riding is slower technical stuff so the 300 is perfect for that. If my riding style changes, I will put another 4T in the stable.

I have some goodies to go on my new one but dont have the time to put them on yet. I am going to try the new OX Left Hand Brake. The Rekluse LHB never stays charged up. SX Head, white plastics, Jeff is working on a graphics design I have in my head, pipe, pipe guard, skid plate and different hand guards. Already done is the Reluse Z-Start Pro and heavier springs in the suspension.

So far, I like it.

Corban_White

My dad has the 2010 berg fe450 and loves it. It weighs 3 lbs more than my KTM 300 xc and it has a fan kit and street legal kit installed. It can just putt along like my xr250 but crack the throttle and boom! 6 speed, plenty of power, plenty of speed, fuel injection (one of the only feedback loop injections on a dirtbike) and e-start. Cool 'cause it's not that common and has the 70* engine, but it's not rare like an ATK. 390, 450 or 570. Can't really go wrong with any on them.

Attachments

• 852334868_TYDVr-M.jpg
    852334868_TYDVr-M.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 2010-Husaberg-FE450Enduroc.jpg
    2010-Husaberg-FE450Enduroc.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You need to ride my CRF and it might change your mind on what you want

I think I've been spoiled by European bikes and will have to stick with them! I've never been a big Honda guy to be honest... but I'd still ride your bike for the experience.

My dad has the 2010 berg fe450 and loves it. It weighs 3 lbs more than my KTM 300 xc and it has a fan kit and street legal kit installed. It can just putt along like my xr250 but crack the throttle and boom! 6 speed, plenty of power, plenty of speed, fuel injection (one of the only feedback loop injections on a dirtbike) and e-start. Cool 'cause it's not that common and has the 70* engine, but it's not rare like an ATK. 390, 450 or 570. Can't really go wrong with any on them.

That's great to hear!! Just the feedback I wanted... thanks! :cool:

Tonkaman

I think I've been spoiled by European bikes and will have to stick with them! I've never been a big Honda guy to be honest... but I'd still ride your bike for the experience.

I can't blame you, if I were to buy s new dirt bike right now I'd probably look at a new Husaberg pretty hard

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, at this point any bike changes are on hold... potential buyer is still interested, but he's headed out of town tomorrow for several weeks. I'm not pushing selling it and we're getting into Winter, so no reason to rush it. No worries here... if it sells or not, its not a big deal.

The Husaberg 390 is at the top of my list for now. :D

Caleb

New husabergs don't exist anymore. KTM dropped them and Husqvarna took over the Cadillac line. Although I feel like Ktm is also a Cadillac.

I don't know that I would even call them the cadillacs, more like the KTMs that you can buy with the goodies already added that you would likely add after the fact anyways...but you get to over pay for those goodies :p FWIW, a Husqvarna is at the top of my list when I get in to another bike :rofl: They do get a few things before the main KTM line generally, but I think right now on most models they are very close (model for model, 500 vs. 501, etc).