The Project: The Barkin Zuk

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
After Goin to see UROC, it got me thinkin. I want to build a Comp rig. Here is the Idea.

Stock Zuk frame with cut panels ( I like the look of a complete body)

1.6 EFI sidekick engine

Custom Toyota axles with ARB's front and rear. Lockrights for spare 3rd members. Most likely crawler gears

Quarter Elliptical Rear Suspension with coils in the front.

Custom cage and all the good stuff.

Tires and rims are not decided as of yet.

Im goin to try to keep the cost down due to not really having any $$$ to playwith. Any type of sponsership is welcome.

Im open to any ideas. :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the thing about legends is that it is beginning to be dominated by some seriously experienced people. Dean bulloch comes to mind. he is always finishing in the top and he is a zuk driver. If you wanna do it to win, you need some serious seat time and you also need to live in a venue town like Dean does.....Cedar City...:) I was considering it but the whole thought was so cost prohibitive......but you brag about all the money you have in the bank......what are you waiting for??

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'm pro toyota / longfield...sooo Maybee coilover shocks all around? I thought legends you had to have the same style suspention your rig came with stock... leafs for toys , coil for jeep ext

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It was really funny when Dean stood to get his Trophy and said some thing like '....I'm glad you all treat me with respect, even though I drive a damn Samuari!'

That was a CLASSIC! :p

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
I'm pro toyota / longfield...sooo Maybee coilover shocks all around? I thought legends you had to have the same style suspention your rig came with stock... leafs for toys , coil for jeep ext

Deans a legends but he runs coils, I think ya just have to have a stock frame and steering, and 36" or smaller tires, everything else is whatever, I could be wrong just my .02:D

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
here's an excerpt from the UROC rules:

1.1 Legend Class/ Modified Stock
1.1i Suspension: Manual controlled suspension systems not allowed.

and from the combined sections of the rule book (for both unlimited and legends):

18. Suspension:
Suspension pivot points and connecting points must be free of cracks and in good physical condition. Manual controlled suspension systems may not control individual tires. These systems must control the entire front or entire rear axle.

other than the restriction on manually controlled suspension for legends, it looks like you can do just about whatever you want.